Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2010

Featured Replies

Any thoughts? They have all the pitching in the world but do they have hitting to keep them in games? Thoughts?

They lost Lessley who was an excellent hitter, but not much else at the plate. With the varsity experience they have returning I would suspect the averages would go up.

I believe they have a couple of nice juniors moving into the lineup as well.

Fielding has historically been more of concern for the Colonels and will apply to this team as well.

  • Author
They lost Lessley who was an excellent hitter, but not much else at the plate. With the varsity experience they have returning I would suspect the averages would go up.

I believe they have a couple of nice juniors moving into the lineup as well.

Fielding has historically been more of concern for the Colonels and will apply to this team as well.

 

I think as long as they can play small ball and scratch 4 or 5 runs across their pitching should be good enough to win games for them. Their hitting wont be that bad. They wont have one big hitter but they will have alot of solid base hit hitters. As for the juniors that will be playing the only ones I can think of at the moment is Corbin Dematteo, Brad Popham, Tyler Sexton, and Tim Barnhorst. There is some that I cant think of right now but those are the ones that I can remember.

What Abeling, Menkhous and/or Riddle?

  • Author
What Abeling, Menkhous and/or Riddle?

 

Abeling and Riddle were the juniors I couldnt think of. They will both contribute to the team this year. From what I heard Menkhaus will not be playing. I think he might be running track.

They'll be just fine. They do not have a "big hitter" but 1-9 in their line-up will hit for average and a good average at that :thumb:

Is there a kid named Josh Raleigh that plays for the Colonels?

Is there a kid named Josh Raleigh that plays for the Colonels?

You'll find him in the basketball and football threads, no baseball.

You'll find him in the basketball and football threads, no baseball.

 

He used to play. He quit before high school.

Dixie will live on their pitching for the 2010 season. Strong contingent of left handed hurlers will give many teams a fit. Smallwood, Stansberry, Davis, and the right handers make a solid staff. Hearing that Gross will not play this year which is sad because he could give some solid relief out of the pen.

 

From a hitting standpoint I see the Colonels being okay. Lubrano (always clutch), Popham (lots of experience for a young player), Sexton and Demateo (young guys that are coming up to varsity who should produce), Klei, Stansberry, etc... will do just fine at the dish.

 

Fielding may be rough at first but it shouldn't take long for them to gel as a unit.

 

Filling the leadoff and second base spot vacated by Lessley will be the toughest part.

 

Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully I'll be home by then.

Dixie will live on their pitching for the 2010 season. Strong contingent of left handed hurlers will give many teams a fit. Smallwood, Stansberry, Davis, and the right handers make a solid staff. Hearing that Gross will not play this year which is sad because he could give some solid relief out of the pen.

 

From a hitting standpoint I see the Colonels being okay. Lubrano (always clutch), Popham (lots of experience for a young player), Sexton and Demateo (young guys that are coming up to varsity who should produce), Klei, Stansberry, etc... will do just fine at the dish.

 

Fielding may be rough at first but it shouldn't take long for them to gel as a unit.

 

Filling the leadoff and second base spot vacated by Lessley will be the toughest part.

 

Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully I'll be home by then.

Don't know Davis? Are you thinking about lefty Keegan Burney?

Dixie will live on their pitching for the 2010 season. Strong contingent of left handed hurlers will give many teams a fit. Smallwood, Stansberry, Davis, and the right handers make a solid staff. Hearing that Gross will not play this year which is sad because he could give some solid relief out of the pen.

 

From a hitting standpoint I see the Colonels being okay. Lubrano (always clutch), Popham (lots of experience for a young player), Sexton and Demateo (young guys that are coming up to varsity who should produce), Klei, Stansberry, etc... will do just fine at the dish.

 

Fielding may be rough at first but it shouldn't take long for them to gel as a unit.

 

Filling the leadoff and second base spot vacated by Lessley will be the toughest part.

 

Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully I'll be home by then.

 

They will be very tough.

Dixie will live on their pitching for the 2010 season. Strong contingent of left handed hurlers will give many teams a fit. Smallwood, Stansberry, Davis, and the right handers make a solid staff. Hearing that Gross will not play this year which is sad because he could give some solid relief out of the pen.

 

From a hitting standpoint I see the Colonels being okay. Lubrano (always clutch), Popham (lots of experience for a young player), Sexton and Demateo (young guys that are coming up to varsity who should produce), Klei, Stansberry, etc... will do just fine at the dish.

 

Fielding may be rough at first but it shouldn't take long for them to gel as a unit.

 

Filling the leadoff and second base spot vacated by Lessley will be the toughest part.

 

Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully I'll be home by then.

 

Who is Davis?

Dixie will live on their pitching for the 2010 season. Strong contingent of left handed hurlers will give many teams a fit. Smallwood, Stansberry, Davis, and the right handers make a solid staff. Hearing that Gross will not play this year which is sad because he could give some solid relief out of the pen.

 

From a hitting standpoint I see the Colonels being okay. Lubrano (always clutch), Popham (lots of experience for a young player), Sexton and Demateo (young guys that are coming up to varsity who should produce), Klei, Stansberry, etc... will do just fine at the dish.

 

Fielding may be rough at first but it shouldn't take long for them to gel as a unit.

 

Filling the leadoff and second base spot vacated by Lessley will be the toughest part.

 

Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully I'll be home by then.

 

I think you meant Keegan Burney.

Any new faces trying out for the team this year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.