Corbin 73 South Laurel 57

Isaac Wilson, Matthew Taylor and Travis Smith stepped up big.

I will say this — first off, this game was officiated BAD. But it didn't effect one side or the other, but it was just bad all around. I don't go around much downing the refs, but today they just weren't on top of their game at all.

Congrats to Corbin, the Redhounds are the team to beat in the region. Wilson is SOLID!

Les, I agree on the officiating...absolutely the worst refereed game Ive seen in a long time...on both ends. The game wasnt as close as the score states...Corbin missed many close in shots and several foul shots. Corbin also seemed to go into the "slow down game" with about 5 min to go. Corbin plays much better in attack mode, IMO. I definitely want to give credit to Matt St John for the intimidation factor on some of those missed shots too.

Les, I agree on the officiating...absolutely the worst refereed game Ive seen in a long time...on both ends. The game wasnt as close as the score states...Corbin missed many close in shots and several foul shots. Corbin also seemed to go into the "slow down game" with about 5 min to go. Corbin plays much better in attack mode, IMO. I definitely want to give credit to Matt St John for the intimidation factor on some of those missed shots too.

I hate to harp on the reffing, but it was just plain bad tonight. Wilson's close to halfcourt shot to end the third quarter seemed to be a backbreaker for South.

The Cards cut it to six points with four minutes to go, but too much Wilson in the end.

Man, Matt Taylor and Smith looked smooth tonight, didn't they. Wilson will be a steal for some college.

Having Isaac on the floor is like having a coach out there. Heck, he has better basketball IQ than most coaches, much less the players. He is absolutely a steal for any small college.

I TOTALLY AGREE!

I have to admit that I was a little suprised with the way the game went. I thought Corbin would play well, but I didnt think that SL would hurt themselves with shot selection in the 2nd half the way they did. In fact, as Les made sure to point out to me, I even picked the Cards. Glad I'm not in Vegas right now.

Also, the officiating was terrible! Both ways. I have seen those gentlemen referee many times and they are better than they performed tonight. Granted they are not the best...but they are better than they showed.

I have to admit that I was a little suprised with the way the game went. I thought Corbin would play well, but I didnt think that SL would hurt themselves with shot selection in the 2nd half the way they did. In fact, as Les made sure to point out to me, I even picked the Cards. Glad I'm not in Vegas right now.

Also, the officiating was terrible! Both ways. I have seen those gentlemen referee many times and they are better than they performed tonight. Granted they are not the best...but they are better than they showed.

They were like everyone else in the gyms around the state, wanting to be home watching the Cats, although in hindsight everyone was probably better off at the gyms watching the games.

Congratulations Hounds on a job well done. I believe that wraps up the #1 district seed.

It sure does!!! I really thought the refs would let the two teams play, but I guess they proved me wrong, it was awful both ways.

GO HOUNDS!!!:ylsuper: