January 22, 201016 yr Times have changed. First Street is closed down and getting a major renovation and looks like it'll be more upscale. O'Reilly's is closed down and now some Irish Pub that our tour guide said no one goes to. Sutter's Mill is closed down. I knew the Family Dog was closed, but thought that just occurred a year or two ago. The kid taking us on the tour (senior) never even heard of the place, so it must have been closed for a while. I asked him where everyone hangs in town and he said most people go to Lexington, which is a complete reversal from my days when half of UK went to Richmond on Thursday nights. Mash and Martinez were quite regular at the family dog. I saw them there several times. Martinez in his bright polos, was always easy to spot no matter what the lighting. Mash was just the biggest guy in the place including the O-Line from EKU...back when they were Roy's bunch. I saw Feldhouse and Farmer too. Marty Moore LB was there a few times with some of his FB guys. Richmond was a destination for several UK students. Especially, the ones under 21. The place always was jumping when they played the ATOMIC DOG! Does this bring back memories? :dancingpa:banana::taz::jump::ylsuper:
January 22, 201016 yr The Dog closed 2000-01. Has the building been vacant this entire time? What happened to Sutter's Mill?
January 22, 201016 yr I use to Hang out at Poops on First Street. Buy Little Kings for a quarter. Four dollars and I was ready to dance the night away. :banana:
January 22, 201016 yr I use to Hang out at Poops on First Street. Buy Little Kings for a quarter. Four dollars and I was ready to dance the night away. :banana: Nothing like being there on a Thursday night with 400 other people - in a bar designed to hold about 150. :lol:
January 22, 201016 yr Nothing like being there on a Thursday night with 400 other people - in a bar designed to hold about 150. :lol: :lol: Yea it was a little crowded. Nothing like unwinding with 400 of your best friends. Good times.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.