Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Silver Grove 1 Latin 0

Featured Replies

Let me clarify... I'm not saying that it was purposely done, but in the 14 years I've been around this region, Latin's schedule (boys & girls and in multiple sports) is always a nightmare of last minute changes.

I understand that they don't have a home gym and that athletics are less of a priority than other schools. I would however, think that an orginization with their reputation would operate a little better than it does.

 

 

What reputation are you talking about? Do we bash other schools that fail to show or come late.... why not give the benefit of the doubt to Latin before sticking it to them. Unless you feel that they are an easy target?

Let me clarify... I'm not saying that it was purposely done, but in the 14 years I've been around this region, Latin's schedule (boys & girls and in multiple sports) is always a nightmare of last minute changes.

I understand that they don't have a home gym and that athletics are less of a priority than other schools. I would however, think that an orginization with their reputation would operate a little better than it does.

 

What statistics do you have to make this point? Last year, The Cov Cath JV and Varsity teams sat in the gym waiting for Davies County to show up - they never did and never called. This was the weekend after the big ice storms last year. This year, start times for one of the games were moved back as the vistiors from down south, I think it was the Louisville St X game, was very late in arriving up here. Stuff happens man. But why do you slam Latin?

You almost sound like you have a bone to pick with the school. Why is that?

Most schools have contracts for football and basketball, they should be fined.

According to today's paper, the game was played last night with Silver Grove winning in a big way. Obviously was a schedule misunderstanding on CovLatin's part, but the game has been played.

They weren't late. They didn't come at all. No call or warning? Unprofessionalism at its finest.

They weren't late. They didn't come at all. No call or warning? Unprofessionalism at its finest.

 

Again, there are what I would consider valid reasons for a team not showing up. Not saying that happened here or not as I do not know the reason for the no-show / no - call if indeed that did happen. Maybe Latin notified the Silver Grove AD who did not notify the SG coach to notify the players? IDK know and I have no dog in this fight, but I did take exception to alwayswrong slamming the entire Covington Latin school, when I seriously doubt he/she has any more factual details than I do. Unless you are the AD or coach from each team, you probably do not either.

Can't we let this topic die now! I think SG got its revenge.

 

Silver Grove 65, Covington Latin 27

 

Covington Latin - Matchinga 3 0 7, Hildreth 4 0 8, Thelen 1 0 2, Ganshirt 1 2 4, Kuhlmann 0 2 2, Prunnell 2 0 4. Totals: 11 4 27.

 

Silver Grove (2-7) - Walls 1 1 3, K. Govan 5 0 11, Fancher 4 1 9, Mitchell 1 0 2, Miller 6 4 17, Seiter 1 0 2, P. Govan 7 1 19, Bolton 1 0 2. Totals: 26 7 65.

 

Covington Latin 6 6 2 13 -27

Silver Grove 14 18 17 16 -65

 

3-pointers: S 6 (P. Govan 4, K. Govan, Miller); C 1 (Matchinga).

Can't we let this topic die now! I think SG got its revenge.

 

Silver Grove 65, Covington Latin 27

 

Covington Latin - Matchinga 3 0 7, Hildreth 4 0 8, Thelen 1 0 2, Ganshirt 1 2 4, Kuhlmann 0 2 2, Prunnell 2 0 4. Totals: 11 4 27.

 

Silver Grove (2-7) - Walls 1 1 3, K. Govan 5 0 11, Fancher 4 1 9, Mitchell 1 0 2, Miller 6 4 17, Seiter 1 0 2, P. Govan 7 1 19, Bolton 1 0 2. Totals: 26 7 65.

 

Covington Latin 6 6 2 13 -27

Silver Grove 14 18 17 16 -65

 

3-pointers: S 6 (P. Govan 4, K. Govan, Miller); C 1 (Matchinga).

 

 

DITTO :deadhorse:

Unless you are the AD or coach from each team, you probably do not either.

 

:sssh:

  • Author
What statistics do you have to make this point? Last year, The Cov Cath JV and Varsity teams sat in the gym waiting for Davies County to show up - they never did and never called. This was the weekend after the big ice storms last year. This year, start times for one of the games were moved back as the vistiors from down south, I think it was the Louisville St X game, was very late in arriving up here. Stuff happens man. But why do you slam Latin?

You almost sound like you have a bone to pick with the school. Why is that?

 

The last comment I'll make in this thread:

 

I have no bone to pick with Latin in general.

 

I expect ALL EDUCATORS to be at least as organized as they ask their students to be. In any high school, students are expected to have assignments done on time with almost no excuses. Students cannot come to school and say ,Ithought it was due tomorrow." I expect teachers and / or coaches, barring obvious unexpected problems, to do the same.

 

Getting away from this school, here are a few I've seen the last two years:

 

1) acceptable: got caught in traffic jam on 71 in a school bus. called the school contact and advised.

 

2) unacceptable: scheduled a 5pm game but can't get a bus until 4:40.

 

3) unacceptable: assumed that rain plus grass field equals cancellation. did not call, did not show

 

4) unacceptable: scheduling Mason County for anything at 4:00 in the 9th region. (no problem with Mason, just an example).

 

If I offended anyone from Latin, I apologize. Re reading my first comment I'm asking a mod to change it to Latin fails to show.

Are we to assume the refs showed up as well, and if so did they get paid?

 

 

PS 451 views at this point in time, when was the last time Latin Girls BB got this much attention?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.