December 23, 200916 yr Are you sure? It seems like I have often seen games stopped in progress because the shot clock was not working and other time issues. If the clock in the Butler XU game had remained stuck at 14.7, would they have let the game play out? Play stops on a whistle. Once the refs realized that the clock should have hit zero yet didn't they would have blown the whistles and play would stop.
December 23, 200916 yr Play stops on a whistle. Once the refs realized that the clock should have hit zero yet didn't they would have blown the whistles and play would stop. OK. I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you were saying the officials could not stop the game while in progress. Which brings up the point of how does the clock operator notify officials of a time issue. So you are saying he would have to wait till there was a stop in action. Is there any way for the clock operator to signal the officials during play of a problem with the clock?
December 23, 200916 yr On the timing issue, my question is when and who noticed the clock stopped at 14.7 seconds? If it was noticed prior to the end of that play, shouldn't time have been stopped immediately to fix the clock? Second, I still have a bigger issue with Jordan Crawford than I do the clock. How can a player lay on the floor for the final seven seconds of a game and watch his man scramble for a loose ball, gain possession of the ball, turn and shoot a layup to win the game? Personally, I think Jordan Crawford is hurting Xavier as much if not more than he is helping them. And Chris Mack seems to be letting Crawford do whatever he pleases. Maybe Crawford has an internal clock and knew that the clock should have expired.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.