Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owen County/Carroll County predictions

Featured Replies

I do believe a "so called BIG BOY" was named NCKC player of the week last week.

 

Love it! Yes he did! And True - you are correct. A "W" is a "W" and Owen has a strong TEAM loaded with "team players" with lots of heart!

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Ok game 1 big boy Sawyer had 15 points 13 boards, game 2 Sawyer with 22 points 7 boards, game 3 Sawyer with 16 points 8 boards and named NCKC player of the week. So name me a "big boy" with better numbers in the district. I seriously doubt that you can. Big boy Jordan shoots over 33% from 3's so why not have him step and shoot some.

It's gonna be hard for anyone to push around the farm boys from Owen.

It's gonna be hard for anyone to push around the farm boys from Owen.

 

True, but you have some farm boys in Carroll too. I think it will be a good game. I think the game will be won in the post. And good luck to everyone as they will both need it-should be a physical game.

Ok game 1 big boy Sawyer had 15 points 13 boards, game 2 Sawyer with 22 points 7 boards, game 3 Sawyer with 16 points 8 boards and named NCKC player of the week. So name me a "big boy" with better numbers in the district. I seriously doubt that you can. Big boy Jordan shoots over 33% from 3's so why not have him step and shoot some.

 

There are none. Owen has the best!:dancingpa

Owen has to be the biggest team in the region, right? I believe they go 6'8, 6'7 and 6'5 across the front line. Seems to cause match up problems for whomever they will play in the region.

Owen has to be the biggest team in the region, right? I believe they go 6'8, 6'7 and 6'5 across the front line. Seems to cause match up problems for whomever they will play in the region.

 

You would think that, yet Williamstown gave them problems...they have one kid thats.....maybe 6'3

Owen has to be the biggest team in the region, right? I believe they go 6'8, 6'7 and 6'5 across the front line. Seems to cause match up problems for whomever they will play in the region.

 

yes that is true. But if they play outside more than inside then how much of a match up problem do you have? Just wondering what kind of game plan a coach has to have to beat them.

Most people don't realize what Shelton gives Owen from the perimeter. He can actually shoot it with consistency, plus he's an excellent passer. That's a tough match-up. He can pick apart most zones by looking over the top. A lot of times though, they settle for the jump shot istead of pushing it on inside. If they don't make shots from the perimeter it stands to be a long night.

By the way, I'll take Owen 71-60. But Owen will have trouble gaurding Carroll from the perimeter and those boys can shoot it.

I find it funny that everyone is so critical after game number 4 as if teams should be in post season form at the beginning of the year. Owen is a very inexperienced team and it will take time for them work out all of the kinks. How about everyone just say congratulations on being 3 and 1 and wait and see how the season progresses. I don't think any of the coaches in the 31st district are going to want to open up with Owen come tournament time.

I find it funny that everyone is so critical after game number 4 as if teams should be in post season form at the beginning of the year. Owen is a very inexperienced team and it will take time for them work out all of the kinks. How about everyone just say congratulations on being 3 and 1 and wait and see how the season progresses. I don't think any of the coaches in the 31st district are going to want to open up with Owen come tournament time.

 

Congratulations on Owen Co being 3-1. Congratulations on Carroll Co being 2-0. :thumb:

I find it funny that everyone is so critical after game number 4 as if teams should be in post season form at the beginning of the year. Owen is a very inexperienced team and it will take time for them work out all of the kinks. How about everyone just say congratulations on being 3 and 1 and wait and see how the season progresses. I don't think any of the coaches in the 31st district are going to want to open up with Owen come tournament time.

 

Dont you get it, most people are on here because they have nothing else to turn to when it comes to Basketball, So that is why everyone logs into BGP and post comments. If you dont like what people are saying then you shouldn't log on and read it. Congrats to every team out there. 4-0 or 0-4 Wish i could still play, but too old for that now.

I will enjoy watching the Carroll County bigs push the little Owen County boys around. I almost feel sorry for the little guys.

 

I need to learn not to believe everything I read. I thought the Panthers had the size to take on the bigs for Owen. I looked up the Owen roster. I think i will just stay in Lexington.

I need to learn not to believe everything I read. I thought the Panthers had the size to take on the bigs for Owen. I looked up the Owen roster. I think i will just stay in Lexington.

 

Williamstown doesn't have the size to compete either and they only lost by 4. :sssh:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.