Western Ky with 4 Teams in the Finals!

This end of the state generally gets no love from the media or the messages boards. I feel like it is some what of a redemption that we showed that very good football is played down here. THe lit ratings have FC at about 15th best in the state and Mayfield gets no love while they have teams with 3 and 4 loss's in the the top 10. LO has played great ball all year and I wouldnt be surprised if their defense can hold up if they dont beat Boyle CO. PT has some talent on their team and now they are finally gelling. Good job and good luck WKY teams.

This end of the state generally gets no love from the media or the messages boards. I feel like it is some what of a redemption that we showed that very good football is played down here. THe lit ratings have FC at about 15th best in the state and Mayfield gets no love while they have teams with 3 and 4 loss's in the the top 10. LO has played great ball all year and I wouldnt be surprised if their defense can hold up if they dont beat Boyle CO. PT has some talent on their team and now they are finally gelling. Good job and good luck WKY teams.

I agree that the west doesn't get much love but in the past 10 years or so they haven't done much to earn any love. Hopefully that will change next week.

I agree that the west doesn't get much love but in the past 10 years or so they haven't done much to earn any love. Hopefully that will change next week.

There's some good ball in the west. The problem is they haven't really had that dominant program to win it all, with exception to Ft Campbell the past couple of years, but, as a whole, it's as strong in the lower 5 classes as anywhere...6A not so much...

There's some good ball in the west. The problem is they haven't really had that dominant program to win it all, with exception to Ft Campbell the past couple of years, but, as a whole, it's as strong in the lower 5 classes as anywhere...6A not so much...

I'd say the Mayfield crowd might disagree with you.:cool:

As a Highlands fan, I have learned to totally discount the Lit ratings. They are meaningless. Highlands is 7th in the Nation and 2 in KY. Go figure.:ohbrother::irked::popcorn:

I know, I know but please out of state competition or not, how do you have a nationally ranked team 2nd behind a not nationally ranked team?:confused:

Edited by Birdsfan

Like who? Christain makes the finals last year only to be steam rolled. Crittenden made it a few years ago with the same out come. Owensboro Cath a few different years with no title. Mayfield a couple of years ago with a bad loss. Sorry but for the most part WKY just hasn't been on the same level as Louisville, NKY or even EKY no matter the class.

Like who? Christain makes the finals last year only to be steam rolled. Crittenden made it a few years ago with the same out come. Owensboro Cath a few different years with no title. Mayfield a couple of years ago with a bad loss. Sorry but for the most part WKY just hasn't been on the same level as Louisville, NKY or even EKY no matter the class.

I'd disagree. 1a, 2a, 4a and 5a in the west has been better than the east or Louisville areas since the realignment to 6 classes. 6a is terrible in the west and 3a is also very weak, but, I'd like to hear who from the Louisville and east in those other 4 classes have done anything in the state.