Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If you were to rank...

Featured Replies

Hmmm...

I'd love to believe that Trinity is only the fifth best team in KY, but come on... IT'S TRINITY.

 

Prediction: By the end of the year Trinity will be considered either the best or the second-best team in all of KY, regardless of football classification. I hope I'm wrong (as I hope HHS evens the title score with Trinity), but I have a feeling that I won't be. The Trinity coaches and players have grasped (better than any other program in KY) the importance of developing a sophisticated pass-oriented offense on a yearly basis... it sometimes takes awhile for them to perfect it (causing them to lose games during the season), but come playoff time they always seem to have it down pat.

 

I tend to agree with you, jbwill...but this year, I particularly think Trinity is better than their early-season performances suggest because of their defense. Regardless, I think they are one of the top 3 teams NOW.

 

And I think any legitimate poll (excepting pre-season polls, of course) should be ranking where the teams rank RIGHT NOW, because - frankly - that's all that matters.

 

So if I were voting in a poll at the end of the year, regardless of class, the games in the latter part of the year would carry more weight with me, because they would tell me more about the team as it was at the end of the season...

I tend to agree with you, jbwill...but this year, I particularly think Trinity is better than their early-season performances suggest because of their defense. Regardless, I think they are one of the top 3 teams NOW.

 

And I think any legitimate poll (excepting pre-season polls, of course) should be ranking where the teams rank RIGHT NOW, because - frankly - that's all that matters.

 

So if I were voting in a poll at the end of the year, regardless of class, the games in the latter part of the year would carry more weight with me, because they would tell me more about the team as it was at the end of the season...

 

I think after the season is over is the best way to rank the teams,don't you?It's a shame that great football programs can't find a way to play each other.It's the same argument every year,who is better HHS,LSX ,Trinity and even SK gets in the conversation once in a while. Highlands beat Cincy X and nobody else did in Ky.Does that make them best in state? NO!!! Why,because they didn't play the Ky teams head to head! You can argue until the cows come home,but it's always going to be "my team is better than yours". Just hope everyone stays injury free and brings home a state championship trophy! :popcorn:

I think after the season is over is the best way to rank the teams,don't you?It's a shame that great football programs can't find a way to play each other.It's the same argument every year,who is better HHS,LSX ,Trinity and even SK gets in the conversation once in a while. Highlands beat Cincy X and nobody else did in Ky.Does that make them best in state? NO!!! Why,because they didn't play the Ky teams head to head! You can argue until the cows come home,but it's always going to be "my team is better than yours". Just hope everyone stays injury free and brings home a state championship trophy! :popcorn:

 

I agree hoosierbirdfan. You'll never have a definitive answer unless the state of Kentucky goes to a "round robin" system. Trinity, you're #1, St.X...so are you. Highlands #1, SK #1. You're all number one! Worst case scenario, if you are ranked 4th among those teams, you're not a loser, you're the last winner!!!:D

I agree hoosierbirdfan. You'll never have a definitive answer unless the state of Kentucky goes to a "round robin" system. Trinity, you're #1, St.X...so are you. Highlands #1, SK #1. You're all number one! Worst case scenario, if you are ranked 4th among those teams, you're not a loser, you're the last winner!!!:D

 

:thumb:

I agree hoosierbirdfan. You'll never have a definitive answer unless the state of Kentucky goes to a "round robin" system. Trinity, you're #1, St.X...so are you. Highlands #1, SK #1. You're all number one! Worst case scenario, if you are ranked 4th among those teams, you're not a loser, you're the last winner!!!:D

 

Just curious, how many states do that? It's not that practical and I don't know that there are any states the size of KY or larger that implement an All Class State Champion tourney.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.