Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If you were to rank...

Featured Replies

If you were to rank the top football teams in KY at the end of the year, REGARDLESS of football classification, would you take into consideration how good the teams were at the end of the year, or would you instead take into consideration how well the teams were throughout the entire season?

 

For instance, say team A started out slow and lost a few games early, but really came together late and was playing as good or better than any other team in the state at the end of the season... how would you rank team A when compared to team B, who consistently performed very well throughout the entire season (without losing a game), but may not have been as good as team A was at the end of the year?

I think you have many factors:

 

1. strength of schedule all year and also in the playoffs

 

2. Did they sustain any key injuries?

 

3. Was their performance consistent from Game 1 to last game played?

 

4. More weight should be given to the end of the season if all things are equal but Team B performed "in the clutch" to win.

 

Just some thoughts on the subject. :thumb:

I go by a "feel" factor of how teams are playing.....If I were to rank a top 4 as we sit now it would like the following:

 

1 - St. Xavier

2 - HHS

3 - Trinity

4 - SK

1. HHS

2. St. Xavier

3. Trinity

4. Simon Kenton

 

Based on a combination of things.

I think you have many factors:

 

1. strength of schedule all year and also in the playoffs

 

2. Did they sustain any key injuries?

 

3. Was their performance consistent from Game 1 to last game played?

 

4. More weight should be given to the end of the season if all things are equal but Team B performed "in the clutch" to win.

 

Just some thoughts on the subject. :thumb:

 

Well stated Hatz..............I'll go with this. You could actually use this criteria to rate two teams against each other. I like it !:notworthy::thumb:

I go by a "feel" factor of how teams are playing.....If I were to rank a top 4 as we sit now it would like the following:

 

1 - St. Xavier

2 - HHS

3 - Trinity

4 - SK

 

I am going to lose sleep over this. I agree with RockPride. :puke: Just kidding. After last weeks game against Manual I would drop S.K. below T.

^ Hahaha...it happens now and again.

  • Author

As a point of clarification, I'm not asking for KY teams to be ranked, I am only asking about what people look at when coming up with a final rankings list.

1HHS 2Simon Kenton 3St.X 4Boyle

 

HUH?????? :confused:

As a point of clarification, I'm not asking for KY teams to be ranked, I am only asking about what people look at when coming up with a final rankings list.

 

I know, but I felt if I showed my rankings it would support my method.

HUH?????? :confused:

 

Sorry.I didnt get far enough down the list to get to Trinity.:lol:

Trinity has had the hardest schedule in the state and in school history this season so....

Trinity has had the hardest schedule in the state and in school history this season so....

 

soooo...I still dont think they could beat the four on my list.:ylsuper:

  • Author
soooo...I still dont think they could beat the four on my list.:ylsuper:

Hmmm...

I'd love to believe that Trinity is only the fifth best team in KY, but come on... IT'S TRINITY.

 

Prediction: By the end of the year Trinity will be considered either the best or the second-best team in all of KY, regardless of football classification. I hope I'm wrong (as I hope HHS evens the title score with Trinity), but I have a feeling that I won't be. The Trinity coaches and players have grasped (better than any other program in KY) the importance of developing a sophisticated pass-oriented offense on a yearly basis... it sometimes takes awhile for them to perfect it (causing them to lose games during the season), but come playoff time they always seem to have it down pat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.