Monroe County 49 Bardstown 14

dkm29

A few of my thoughts from the game...

The DE's played their best game of the season last night, they play that good against Green and we have a good shot to win.

The offense is working great right now, the weapons the Falcons have is remarkable.

Coach Petett is a playoff coach, his passion is undeniable. I hope he coach's the Falcons for many more years.

Fan support is great for the Falcons, there will be standing room only at Green Co.

Defense played well for 2.5 quarters, but still some missed tackles and blown assignments, but overall I give them an A-.

Bardstown should have had more fans than they did.

True dat.:thumb: Bardstown has sweet 16 appearances in basketball and track championships of late and doesn't draw quite the same for football as they should. We'll get there.

I like Coach Pettet, too. WE lost #5 Whitfield with the leg injury in 2nd quarter, he had been covering the pass pretty well. The play after he went out Pettet went for the jugular on the backup and tried to toss it up in the endzone. I like that kind of aggression.

With the knowlege that you posses tell me how programs like Monroe and Green have come out of no where. It was just 4 years ago that Green County was I think 1-19 or 2-28, and now all of a sudden it is Green and Monroe in a second regional championship. It just does not make any sense for these teams to beat Bardstown and Danville every year. What is your thought. Just a Fan

Does anyone know how many points the Falcons scored in the last 5min's of the 2nd qtr? It seemed like it went from 14-14 to 42-14 in a flash...

Didn't mean that like it sounded:idunno:. What I mean is, at what point did Monroe break the tie, and how much time did it take to score the 4td's...

With the knowlege that you posses tell me how programs like Monroe and Green have come out of no where. It was just 4 years ago that Green County was I think 1-19 or 2-28, and now all of a sudden it is Green and Monroe in a second regional championship. It just does not make any sense for these teams to beat Bardstown and Danville every year. What is your thought. Just a Fan

I can give a little insight to this one.....Feeder programs!!! Monroe and Greens little league and middle school programs are getting the kind of attention that good programs need. Not saying that this is totally it, but when you build from the ground up it is easier to see and utilize talent. Plus when you have a good sqaud that excells with good coaching staffs the players come out of the woodwork to be involved in this program and its recognition from the community. Both Monroe and Green have huge fan base's, this in turn gets a lot of individual involved in the programs...just my thoughts!!!!

I don't know. All of my Nostradamus powers are in the P&R Forum. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the special coaching abilities of Griffith and the pure professionalism of the Green County fans. I'm trying to teach enough plays at the little league football level to get us back to form, though. Preshate your concern though, cut black.

I can give a little insight to this one.....Feeder programs!!! Monroe and Greens little league and middle school programs are getting the kind of attention that good programs need. Not saying that this is totally it, but when you build from the ground up it is easier to see and utilize talent. Plus when you have a good sqaud that excells with good coaching staffs the players come out of the woodwork to be involved in this program and its recognition from the community. Both Monroe and Green have huge fan base's, this in turn gets a lot of individual involved in the programs...just my thoughts!!!!

Agree both schools have good feeder programs and both have excellent fan support. But another thing both teams have had some real good talented players on the field the last few years. Talent is the key without it your team is in trouble. Right now Green and Monroe have good talent and Glasgow will be there with them next year some real good young talent there.

A few of my thoughts from the game...

The DE's played their best game of the season last night, they play that good against Green and we have a good shot to win.

The offense is working great right now, the weapons the Falcons have is remarkable.

Coach Petett is a playoff coach, his passion is undeniable. I hope he coach's the Falcons for many more years.

Fan support is great for the Falcons, there will be standing room only at Green Co.

Defense played well for 2.5 quarters, but still some missed tackles and blown assignments, but overall I give them an A-.

Bardstown should have had more fans than they did.

I was very impressed with how well Monroe County traveled for this game. The Falcons have a solid team, with several good playmakers. If MC takes care of the football, they'll be a tough out.

The Tigers fans have been a bit bandwagoneering the past few years, while, as Hearsay noted, there has been good fan following for the Tiger hoops team. They figure to backslide a bit this year after graduating a big senior class, so it will be interesting to see how well-attended this year's hoops events will be.