Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nelson County @ Greenwood Predictions

Who wins? 22 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins in this district rematch?

I think Greenwood is the better team, but I think NC is playing good ball right now. I'll tkae the upset of NC in this one. NC by 10. Closer game than that though.

Greenwood's defense is too good for Nelson County. GW by 9.

Nelson Co. 22-20.

  • Author

I'll take Nelson in the upset as well NC 35-34.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

i'll take Nelson in the upset as well NC 35-34.

Number of games Greenwood has given up 35 points or more: Zero

Number of game Nelson County has scored 35 points or more: One (Bardstown, the first game of the year)

 

That's a rather large jump from the 9 points Nelson County scored the first time these teams met.

 

Seriously, someone is going to have to explain to me what they think has changed significantly from the first game. Greenwood's defense dominated these guys, and it's been extremely solid all year. Of their 11 games, they've given up more than 15 points only three times. One of those three took overtime to do so.

  • Author

I will give it to you, the stats speak for themselves. Greenwood is the obvious favorite, but it was just a prediction based on NC playing their best ball of the year. They are a talented group with a good defense themselves. It's the playoffs and anything can happen. I'm sticking with my prediction and will eat crow on Monday if you are correct.

Number of games Greenwood has given up 35 points or more: Zero

Number of game Nelson County has scored 35 points or more: One (Bardstown, the first game of the year)

 

That's a rather large jump from the 9 points Nelson County scored the first time these teams met.

 

Seriously, someone is going to have to explain to me what they think has changed significantly from the first game. Greenwood's defense dominated these guys, and it's been extremely solid all year. Of their 11 games, they've given up more than 15 points only three times. One of those three took overtime to do so.

 

You can check it for me DF, but I do not believe that Quentin Brooks or Josh Pride, Nelson's top two players, played in the earlier contest, and in addition, Nelson's recent roll has come after they changed to a quarterback who did not play earlier this season. You might check on that.

I believe the Greenwood kicker is injured...I could be wrong but that might play out to be the diff............

Greenwood-24

Nelson-28

You can check it for me DF, but I do not believe that Quentin Brooks or Josh Pride, Nelson's top two players, played in the earlier contest, and in addition, Nelson's recent roll has come after they changed to a quarterback who did not play earlier this season. You might check on that.

 

Brooks and Pride were both out that game.

I'm sure Brooks and Pride will make a difference, but I stand by this: if Nelson County tries to win on the ground, they will not be able to do it. Greenwood's run defense is incredibly stout. They can be thrown on much more easily. So if Nelson County is going to do it, I think it's Mudd that is more the difference than Brooks or Pride. Pride especially I don't recall as a great player. He did nothing against Warren Central, and he did play that game.

I'm sure Brooks and Pride will make a difference, but I stand by this: if Nelson County tries to win on the ground, they will not be able to do it. Greenwood's run defense is incredibly stout. They can be thrown on much more easily. So if Nelson County is going to do it, I think it's Mudd that is more the difference than Brooks or Pride. Pride especially I don't recall as a great player. He did nothing against Warren Central, and he did play that game.

 

He caught a TD pass against WC, and I think he also had an INT.

He caught a TD pass against WC, and I think he also had an INT.

Pride? According to Nelson County's stats, Brunhammer, Brooks, and Chenault caught their TD passes. WC didn't throw any interceptions.

Never mind, Nelson's stats online are clearly wrong. I see here on the video that Pride caught the first TD pass. But WC definitely didn't throw any interceptions.

 

Brooks is the one that didn't catch a TD. He did have a rushing TD.

Never mind, Nelson's stats online are clearly wrong. I see here on the video that Pride caught the first TD pass. But WC definitely didn't throw any interceptions.

 

Brooks is the one that didn't catch a TD. He did have a rushing TD.

 

Must've got my details crossed on the INT. At this point of the season, the games tend to run together into one long game. Thanks for the correction. :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.