Tennessee 31 South Carolina 13

swamprat

The Vols will compete for the SEC east next season.

Didn't they play in the SEC championship game two years ago? Tennessee is 4-4, but will likely win out and finish 8-4, which is exactly the kind of record that got Fulmer in hot water. I guess a coaching change brings a different perspective on things.

Didn't they play in the SEC championship game two years ago? Tennessee is 4-4, but will likely win out and finish 8-4, which is exactly the kind of record that got Fulmer in hot water. I guess a coaching change brings a different perspective on things.

8-4 isn't what got Phil in Trouble. Having a losing record is what got him in trouble. I think the last straw is when they lost to Wyoming at home in which they were favored bye 30 plus points.

8-4 isn't what got Phil in Trouble. Having a losing record is what got him in trouble. I think the last straw is when they lost to Wyoming at home in which they were favored bye 30 plus points.

His fate was already sealed before the Wyoming game.

I sort of agree. I think expectations were low for UT, because they have seemed to fall off a bit, and because people (myself included) thought Crompton couldn't be a quality starter at QB. Plus, people also see the defense keeping them in games against Bama and UF. Kiffin is bringing in huge recruits, so it's the buzz. By the end of next year if UT doesn't continue to improve people will probably start to get a little restless.

I sort of agree. I think expectations were low for UT, because they have seemed to fall off a bit, and because people (myself included) thought Crompton couldn't be a quality starter at QB. Plus, people also see the defense keeping them in games against Bama and UF. Kiffin is bringing in huge recruits, so it's the buzz. By the end of next year if UT doesn't continue to improve people will probably start to get a little restless.

The majority of UT fans over here in TN were calling for 8 -4 at worst. Some were saying 10 - 2. They lose a lot on the O line I think and I believe their QB situation will be worse next year. If they finish 8 - 4 this year, Lame better get them to 10 -2 next year.

And yes, his fate was absolutely sealed before Wyoming.