Johnson Central/Belfry Predictions

jay vee

Who wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This one is going to be fun to watch, just smash mouth football at it's best. I am going to be bould on this one and say JC gets it's first ever win over Belfry this year, the stars are lined up for a upset and JC wins in overtime 14-12 over Belfry at pond creek.

I do know the answer is never. I didn't imagine it was 25 losses, but I can't argue with it.

I was there as a kid at Belfry when JC missed the field goal attempt in 1976, I believe. It still is talked about to this day. Back then it was a 3 team district in AAA with JC and Russell, and one district loss meant the season was probably over, at least playoff-wise. Belfry/Russell was often about the 3rd game of the season, and was the key game to the whole year. Unless it ended up in a 3-way tie (I don't think it ever did), the loser of that game was out.

I remember those days well. I played for Russell (81-84) & we were fortunate to win all three. Two of them went to overtime (12-6 & 10-7 both in Pond Creek). The field was always a mud bowl!!! I believe the one @ Russell was 41-16. You flat out had to win them all. My Senior season (83' football year) Sheldon Clark was added to the district.

If JC come to play and doesn't shoot them selves in the foot this game won't be as close as people are thinking. JC really has the opportunity to catch Belfry in a down year compared to the usual big strong run the ball straight up the gut Belfry we are all used to... JC had what 8 turnovers against SC and got beat 1 score. If they had held on to the ball that game would have been a win because SC couldn't stop them on offense. Same with the out of state team. I still think that they loose to Bell and Boyle though. We will all find out very shortly about 7 hours until kick off.

This one is going to be fun to watch, just smash mouth football at it's best. I am going to be bould on this one and say JC gets it's first ever win over Belfry this year, the stars are lined up for a upset and JC wins in overtime 14-12 over Belfry at pond creek.

I feel the same way. But I can't pick a winner. It should be a killer game.

The correct answer to this question, sadly, is never.

Believe JC is 0-25 all time against Belfry on the gridiron.

Well not exactly... 1988 Belfry played a player or two that was not eligible. I remember Trimble telling me that he was informed (several months after the season) that Belfry had to forfiet the game against us and a few others. I will say that I don't count it in my book as a win.

Well not exactly... 1988 Belfry played a player or two that was not eligible. I remember Trimble telling me that he was informed (several months after the season) that Belfry had to forfiet the game against us and a few others. I will say that I don't count it in my book as a win.

You should be proud then .. 1-24...lol