Bourbon County/ Paris Predictions

jefferson64

Who win crosstown battle, Paris or Bourbon County?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who win crosstown battle, Paris or Bourbon County?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Paris OL/DL look like? How many is on the roster going into this game? From what I have heard not many dressed which leads me into do they have enough gas to go 4 quarters?

:idunno:

The line is a major problem for the greyhounds. They got decent skill players and a great Head Coach. Line and attitude is where Paris gets in trouble. Undoubtedly, Paris is more athletic. They have two or three "Taylor Barnes" on their team. The boxscore rarely shows that. Regardless, I still think this one will be close. By the way.......Does anyone know if a Paris win Friday gives them a playoff berth?

The line is a major problem for the greyhounds. They got decent skill players and a great Head Coach. Line and attitude is where Paris gets in trouble. Undoubtedly, Paris is more athletic. They have two or three "Taylor Barnes" on their team. The boxscore rarely shows that. Regardless, I still think this one will be close. By the way.......Does anyone know if a Paris win Friday gives them a playoff berth?

No it will not give them a playoff berth, Paris has not won a game in the district and BC is not a district game.

Who is QB?

The line will be a critical part of the game. The ability or inability to open/close holes is a major factor in this one. Well, that is just about any game, huh.

This is a game for bragging rights for the next year.

Always has been. Unless the field gets flooded I think the bragging rights stay right there at Bourbon Co.

They need to come up with a trophy that is displayed in the school that wins until the next game.One that would be for the area,like a colonel strangling a greyhound or a greyhound biting a colonel in two. Of course that makes 2 trophies. Never claimed to be a wizard at math. :lol:

Paris is more athletic in spots of the field, but as mentioned the problem is the QB is hurried, hit, or sacked a lot everygame because they do not have any size on the line and BOCO averages over 220 on the line. This will be a close game until the end and then Bourbon will pull away with a win. This will be a close game because it is the cross town rivals. Both coaches are doing great things with the programs. I understand a winless season does not show that, but its hard to play when the kids have awfrul attitudes and the both coaches are dealing with that this year.

Always has been. Unless the field gets flooded I think the bragging rights stay right there at Bourbon Co.

They need to come up with a trophy that is displayed in the school that wins until the next game.One that would be for the area,like a colonel strangling a greyhound or a greyhound biting a colonel in two. Of course that makes 2 trophies. Never claimed to be a wizard at math. :lol:

I would like to see if any other two schools have something like that, it really is a great idea.:thumb:

Paris is more athletic in spots of the field, but as mentioned the problem is the QB is hurried, hit, or sacked a lot everygame because they do not have any size on the line and BOCO averages over 220 on the line. This will be a close game until the end and then Bourbon will pull away with a win. This will be a close game because it is the cross town rivals. Both coaches are doing great things with the programs. I understand a winless season does not show that, but its hard to play when the kids have awfrul attitudes and the both coaches are dealing with that this year.

The awful attitudes portion may be more on the Paris side than Bourbon.

From what I have seen Bourbon has a better attitude than ever before.

Bourbon may have a couple with attitudes, it is more than 3 and less than 5 kids that are attitude influenced by parental belief in the program. Other than that the rest of the kids are positive, of course, they would like to win more but who doesn't. They don't think about the 5 wins in one year, they think about the 2-3 games that they gave away.

If Bo. Co. Plays like they can then scoring 38 won't be hard.

What's the worry? You have. avg. 19.6 point per game the last three games. Rivaly or not Paris isn't going to score enough points to beat anyone. Lets look at Paris a minute: Scored 6 points the last 3 games. =2.0ppg.

Paris has scored 28 points the last five games. =5.6ppg

The have scored only 62 points all season. That is next to last in 1A.

Paris has only scored in double figures in 3 games.

Paris has only scored more then 20 points one time this year. (22 vs Fairview)

If Burbon Co scores 19 points this game they have a 97% chance of winning the game.

Paris defense gives up right 40.0 ppg.

BURBON CO 21

PARIS-------6

You may not be all that good this year.But you ain't that bad.

What's the worry? You have. avg. 19.6 point per game the last three games. Rivaly or not Paris isn't going to score enough points to beat anyone. Lets look at Paris a minute: Scored 6 points the last 3 games. =2.0ppg.

Paris has scored 28 points the last five games. =5.6ppg

The have scored only 62 points all season. That is next to last in 1A.

Paris has only scored in double figures in 3 games.

Paris has only scored more then 20 points one time this year. (22 vs Fairview)

If Burbon Co scores 19 points this game they have a 97% chance of winning the game.

Paris defense gives up right 40.0 ppg.

BURBON CO 21

PARIS-------6

You may not be all that good this year.But you ain't that bad.

I dont think its that paris is bad as to why they loose big. More to the fact is that BoCo is just so much more improved then Paris has over the last year and theres also the numbers games as well with advantage to BoCo.

BoCo- 35+

Paris- 12

I dont think its that paris is bad as to why they loose big. More to the fact is that BoCo is just so much more improved then Paris has over the last year and theres also the numbers games as well with advantage to BoCo.

BoCo- 35+

Paris- 12

I think that you are the school just down the road from Paris. Correct me if I'm wrong. Any way back in the 70's and 80's before the County high school was built. You couldn't beat Paris. I'm sure you know that better then me if you live around Paris. I'm sure it took away tons of talent. It has to be tough with a lot newer school right down the road from you. Paintsville is going through the same thing now with Johnson Central right down the road.

Tough times

Johnny Poynter leads his beat up and angy group of Colonels into the Greyhound Kennel for a shooting match with J.J. Everage's Pack of Drool Hounds. The Colonel Army has owned the K-9s of late, while the Hounds think its about time to sink their teeth into them old Colonels. Everage's Hounds are angry after the stinging they got from the jackets and want Colonel hide in revenge, a win over little brother at historic Blanton Collier Stadium would go a long way in quiting the bark of some of the old retired hounds, but the Colonels are angry too after the clawing they got last week and will get the job done. Leonard's Loser? Paris

I think that you are the school just down the road from Paris. Correct me if I'm wrong. Any way back in the 70's and 80's before the County high school was built. You couldn't beat Paris. I'm sure you know that better then me if you live around Paris. I'm sure it took away tons of talent. It has to be tough with a lot newer school right down the road from you. Paintsville is going through the same thing now with Johnson Central right down the road.

Tough times

Bourbon County High School or Vocational School as it was once called is over 60 years old.