Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 38 Scott Cty 14 (JV)

Featured Replies

Congrats to the Birds JV! Frosh QB-Murray stepped up to lead the Birds' offense, throwing 2-TD passes to Ozzie Sheehan. (QB-New was under the weather at the game's start). Birds' Defense was solid today after playing most of last night.

 

Prayers for the Scott Cty QB-#9 as he was taken away with a serious injury.

Congrats to the Birds JV! Frosh QB-Murray stepped up to lead the Birds' offense, throwing 2-TD passes to Ozzie Sheehan. (QB-New was under the weather at the game's start). Birds' Defense was solid today after playing most of last night.

 

Prayers for the Scott Cty QB-#9 as he was taken away with a serious injury.

 

McCoy didn't play qb???:confused:

McCoy didn't play qb???:confused:

 

Maybe they wanted to make sure he didn't get hurt before the Frosh championship this Thursday.

Maybe they wanted to make sure he didn't get hurt before the Frosh championship this Thursday.

 

You are probably right. I wasn't thinking about that..:thumb:

Was this game at Scott County? Did it begin at 10am this morning?

Was this game at Scott County? Did it begin at 10am this morning?

 

Highlands and I think it started at 11.

Wow, congrats to the Birds and QB Murray. I saw Carter leaving while I was watching the FTJRFL action in death valley and he looked ill. I hope he gets better soon but what a nice job of Frosh Quentin Murray stepping in and leading the Birds.

 

Gotta agree with the coaches for keeping Donovan McCoy out of this one until the Frosh Chamionship game is over although I do know D was probably chomping at the bit.

I think it is rather impressive that a frosh backup qb steps in and takes the jv to a win. Great job young man. I am sure your dad is quite proud..:ylsuper::ylsuper:

Congrats to the entire HHS JV team! It showed that it was a team effort. They prepared their new QB prior to the game and he did a nice job. The jv team has played great this year, this being their 3rd QB of the season. How about the extra point kicker who hadn't kicked all year, the two offensive linemen that made huge holes play after play, the receiver that made more out of plays than was there, the two backs that gained several hundred yards, and the center that played in his first jv game.

Congrats to the entire HHS JV team! It showed that it was a team effort. They prepared their new QB prior to the game and he did a nice job. The jv team has played great this year, this being their 3rd QB of the season. How about the extra point kicker who hadn't kicked all year, the two offensive linemen that made huge holes play after play, the receiver that made more out of plays than was there, the two backs that gained several hundred yards, and the center that played in his first jv game.

 

Who was the center?

Who was the center?

 

Possibly Richie Whitford. I did see him dressed for the game. He is a Freshman.

Possibly Richie Whitford. I did see him dressed for the game. He is a Freshman.

 

That's who I was thinking but wasn't sure. Congrats to the JV. Loving all the team work.:thumb:

  • Author
Who was the center?

 

As they say "great offenses start at center" and Jacob Manning didn't disappoint playing center, snapping strikes all day to their rookie QB. Long-snaps were done by Jason Waldenmeyer on PATs. The Birds' didn't punt all game due to nice runs by Jake True and Ian McGurn. Jake Meyer did a fine job as the extra-point kicker. Ian McGurn stepped in as the kicker and pounded the ball deep on kick-offs. The Birds' defense was solid, fumbles recovered by Ben Dupont and Jason Waldenmeyer. LBs Sam Chambers, Ben Lofland, Chris Martin and Luke Dressman had a good game. Cris Carson with good punt returns gave the Birds' great field position. The Birds' JV team is loaded with talented athletes, overall this was a nice TEAM WIN! The future looks bright for the Birds.

I think it is rather impressive that a frosh backup qb steps in and takes the jv to a win. Great job young man. I am sure your dad is quite proud..:ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

Very impressive. Freshman back-up leads the JV team to 38 points WOW!!!

I know he had help but QB is a pretty important position.

 

I would be willing to bet there isn't another team in NKY and possibly the state that could do that. Can you say Football Factory.

As they say "great offenses start at center" and Jacob Manning didn't disappoint playing center, snapping strikes all day to their rookie QB. Long-snaps were done by Jason Waldenmeyer on PATs. The Birds' didn't punt all game due to nice runs by Jake True and Ian McGurn. Jake Meyer did a fine job as the extra-point kicker. Ian McGurn stepped in as the kicker and pounded the ball deep on kick-offs. The Birds' defense was solid, fumbles recovered by Ben Dupont and Jason Waldenmeyer. LBs Sam Chambers, Ben Lofland, Chris Martin and Luke Dressman had a good game. Cris Carson with good punt returns gave the Birds' great field position. The Birds' JV team is loaded with talented athletes, overall this was a nice TEAM WIN! The future looks bright for the Birds.

 

That's great to hear about Jacob. He's struggled this season due to illnesses. I'm very happy for that young man. I also love the way Ian McGurn and Jason Waldenmeyer play. Watching them on the scout teams against the Varsity is only making them better for next year. Best of luck to all 3 of them.....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.