Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Spring Training Home For the Reds

Featured Replies

Can't argue on the looks. However, not sure if it was really a great move yet.

  • Author
Can't argue on the looks. However, not sure if it was really a great move yet.

 

Why the hesitancy?

 

If that's not a word, it should be. :D

Why the hesitancy?

 

If that's not a word, it should be. :D

 

Will the fans travel?

Will the added expenses be passed down to the fans?

Will the product on the field improve?

etc....

 

Only time will tell, but I don't care for the move. The new facilities are awesome, but I would've like to have seen the Sarasota facilities upgraded instead.

Will the fans travel?

Will the added expenses be passed down to the fans?

Will the product on the field improve?

etc....

 

Only time will tell, but I don't care for the move. The new facilities are awesome, but I would've like to have seen the Sarasota facilities upgraded instead.

 

As I remember, that was the problem. Sarasota taxpayers voted no to stadium upgrades even with the Reds adding money as well.

To bad it is in the middle of nowhere.

 

Its certainly a drive for Cincinnati area fans but its hardly in the middle of nowhere.

To bad it is in the middle of nowhere.

 

Yeah. The Phoenix area has nothing on Sarasota... :lol:

I mean directly around the stadium complex.

I mean directly around the stadium complex.

You have been there???

You have been there???

 

No, have you? I haven't been to NY but I know there are big buildings there. :rolleyes: I recall Fay talking about it how they need to get some more stuff around it and I am sure they will at some point.

No, have you? I haven't been to NY but I know there are big buildings there. :rolleyes: I recall Fay talking about it how they need to get some more stuff around it and I am sure they will at some point.

I have read the complaints of Doc that I am positive you are basing your statements on. I have also talked to people close to the Indians that were out there last spring.

 

You can take the side of a grumpy columnist that hates change. I'll go with those that told me about the experience first hand and not centered around a short trip while the Bengals were playing the Cardinals...

I mean directly around the stadium complex.

 

The city is looking to add more around the stadium, but you're only about a 30 minute drive from Phoenix.

  • Author
I have read the complaints of Doc that I am positive you are basing your statements on. I have also talked to people close to the Indians that were out there last spring.

 

You can take the side of a grumpy columnist that hates change. I'll go with those that told me about the experience first hand and not centered around a short trip while the Bengals were playing the Cardinals...

 

:thumb:

 

This is a great move by the Reds, and I have said so from Day 1. The facilities are much, much better. They're able to split the maintenance and other various costs with the Indians.

 

The facility has multiple practice fields.

 

Arizona's weather is much more predictable, meaning less rainouts during the Spring. Additionally, the Reds will be able to drive to most, if not all, of their games during Spring Training.

 

The only downside to this move is the "tradition" or "history" of Sarasota. I went to a few Spring training games last season and let me tell you - Cincinnati had the WORST spring training facilities BY FAR.

 

It would've been nice to upgrade the facility in Sarasota. But what do you do when the city doesn't really care if you're there or not?

 

Goodyear is a city about 30 miles north of Phoenix that is growing. I absolutely love the move, and it saves the Reds' organization a TON of money.

  • Author
I mean directly around the stadium complex.

 

Milwaukee's Miller Park is in the middle of nowhere too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.