Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier, OH/Highlands Predictions

Who wins this game? 1 member has voted

  1. 1. Who wins this game?

    • Highlands
      100%
      1
    • St. Xavier, OH
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Fort Thomas Highlands hosts Cincinnati Saint Xavier this Friday, September 25 at 6:30PM. The game time was moved up to 6:30PM in order to be televised nationally on CBS College Sports Network (CSTV). Both teams enter the game undefeated and nationally ranked.

 

Given that this is the first time a Highlands football game has ever been televised nationally, that Cincinnati Saint Xavier is ranked first nationally in the current Massey Ratings, and that Highlands is also currently nationally ranked in several rankings/polls, I'd have to say that this may be the biggest game ever to be played at Highlands.

 

Let's hear it.

Edited by jbwill2

I as a CovCath fan will be rooting big time for my friends who live on the correct side of the Ohio River, but on the wrong side of the Licking :D but I just don't see HHS beating Cin St. Xavier.

 

It will be a great game and I think it could be close, but the numbers that X will put on the field will wear down HHS in the fourth quarter.

 

Good luck Bluebirds and I will be rooting for you......:thumb:

Highlands is obviously a big, big underdog in this game. Hopefully they can keep it competitive.

Can we get a poll on this one?

 

What, a "Homer" poll. That's all it will be. I will admit I will vote for HHS not only because I am a HHS fan (Homer) but also think they can beat them if all things are clicking. And from the looks of things last night, they are on the right track.

 

People might disagree with how Mueller played his offensive starters for 99% of the game with the exception of Bardo and Collinsworth because of sitting out, but that was a greatway of seeing HHS play against the big boys. Because Boone had some pretty good size. Building up stamina will help next week. They may feel it today but will help in the long run. Same with the defense. They played the majority of the game.

 

HHS will be the huge underdogs but I still have to go with my "Birds".

For Highlands it will be like looking into a mirror in a fun house, where you see yourself, only bigger. Same colors, same defense, and same discipline. The only issue is that X will have a lot more players, a lot bigger players, and a team that may be more disciplined defensively seeing that they've given up less than 100 yards in the 1st half the last two games combined (against KY's best big schools.) The one good thing that Highlands has going for it is that this will be the first team that can truly test X's secondary. Colerain can't throw the ball right now, Cathedral's QB wanted to run first, St. X isn't really a passing threat, and Trinity was just getting it's QB back and is waayyy too young for what St. X brings. If Highlands line can give Bardo time to take some chances down field, that'll be their only chance. You can't run on X, and you certainly won't be able to sustain more than 2 drives due to their size, speed, and Specht is probably the best defensive mind in the area. I will say that it is nice that you have a former All-State receiver coming out of the backfield. That may create some mismatches to get get much needed first downs. Now...can Highlands stop their ground game??? If they can't, they don't have a chance.

Will Collinsworth be ready for this game? If so will he be 100%

With all due respect (and without seeing Highlands play this season) I can't see this game even being close...even IF highlands is clicking on all cylinders.

 

I watched as Cincy St. X's corners (6'1-6'3" range) pressed and jammed Louisville Saint X's receivers all over the field. I watched the Big Ten sized linebackers run down running backs and quarterbacks that run 4.5-4.6 forty yard dashes. I watched a defensive line dominate the line of scrimmage. I watched an absolutely monstrous and mobile offensive line creating holes that a truck can drive through. And I watched a sophomore running back who runs with power and finesse and can catch the ball.

 

I think I watched the number one team in the country dismantle Louisville Saint Xavier...and they (Cincy St. X) had multiple turnovers in doing so.

 

Oh, they also have a 6'5" quarterback who can throw darts to receivers that are tall and fast.

 

I'm trying to be realistic, as I don't have a dog in the fight, but the Highlands faithful have a serious reality check coming due on Friday night.

 

I'm sure Highlands will have a tremendous season and probably win state but to suggest that Highlands will be in this game is a stretch.

 

You don't struggle to beat Louisville Manual and then go beat the number one team in the country a few weeks later.

 

Just like Louisville Saint X and Trinity found out...play the game...learn from it...and get better. I salute Highlands for taking the challenge.

 

I'm just excited to see how Highlands fares againt this team. We will at least be able to have an educated discussion regarding the best team in Kentucky after this week. All three BIG BOY schools play Cincy Saint X in back to back to back weeks. It should be fun!!

When my son's team played X years ago they dressed close to 100 players and only one or two were sophomores.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.