Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lynn Camp 21 Harlan 15

Featured Replies

Was Harlan's QB hurt because on the radio it said they was playing a freshman QB. I watched the Dragons play Corbin and the Carr kid seemed to be a nice player.

 

No, Carr is okay. I think they were getting the freshman some reps. Not sure about the timing of that in a close game...... The freshman will be a dandy in the future. He is talented and very poised for a young man.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1968isacc, it was a pleasure to meet you, too.

I thought this might be a 6-0 ball game the way the teams got after each other. I agree with you on the drive to end the half. I thought we were in serious trouble at that point. That was one of the best "hurry up" drives I have ever seen.

 

Did you ever hear how the kid's leg was doing? I talked to some of the assistants while they were waiting on the kids to get on the bus and they told me and my wife that they thought it was just a bad ding and not a break. Any confirmation?

 

Hey DC. I understand he is okay. Bad ding on the shinbone. We can't afford to loose him, he is our speedster. Tough kid!

:irked:Hard to understand how we (Harlan) can run the length of the field, probably 70 yards, and score in 2 minutes before the half and generate absolutely NO offense in the 1st, 3rd and 4th quarters. Our running game was absent with the exception of that one drive. I thought the LC linebackers played well. Of course, when our offense is one dimensional, its not to hard to stop.:irked: Our fumble for a LC score was a crucial play in this game. Congratulations to LC. They were ready for this game and Harlan was flat.:irked: Not sure I understand the personnel we have on the field at any given time. :irked:If you have 13 seniors, eleven should be on the field most of the time. I'm not saying all of the time.:irked: ESPECIALLY WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE (ALLEN CENTRAL & LC):irked::irked::irked:

 

I'm sure glad we have the irked face to use. :irked:

 

At least I finally met Daddy Cat. Cool guy.

Good luck the rest of the season.

 

 

Are the seniors the best players? Seniority isn't always a reason to put people in the game.

Are the seniors the best players? Seniority isn't always a reason to put people in the game.

 

 

Probably not. Which is why I said not all of the time...... Some only go one way. My point is, have the best on the field when the game is un-decided, even special teams. Get the youngsters experience with a comfortable lead.

Harlan's own radio announcers were commenting that they couldn't understand what was going on out there on the field. They sure made it sound like both the players and coaches were having a bad night.

Good luck to Lynn Camp from the Raider Nation! Hope you win them all except the last regular season game.

No, Carr is okay. I think they were getting the freshman some reps. Not sure about the timing of that in a close game...... The freshman will be a dandy in the future. He is talented and very poised for a young man.

 

Some reps? What about F & JV games for reps! In a dogfight isn't the time for reps big guy. JB seemed unhappy with his coaching staff in the paper.

Who makes the call for subs under JB. Is it him or the position coach?

I don't know what happened after the half, but the Dragons had Big Mo with them going into the half. Right calls and players were on the field then.

I don't know what happened after the half, but the Dragons had Big Mo with them going into the half. Right calls and players were on the field then.

 

Would be interesting to see who was on the field during this drive! All I know is with 13 seniors and the kids they have, they shouldn't have gotten beat by a Allen Central or Lynn Camp and that is with no disrespect for these two teams. Thats just a fact. Didn't Lynn Camp have several kids out for this game. I thought I heard or read that somewhere?

Would be interesting to see who was on the field during this drive! All I know is with 13 seniors and the kids they have, they shouldn't have gotten beat by a Allen Central or Lynn Camp and that is with no disrespect for these two teams. Thats just a fact. Didn't Lynn Camp have several kids out for this game. I thought I heard or read that somewhere?

 

Even LB is feeling my pain! :irked:

5 starters out. Various injuries.

 

I hope you were not basing your view of LC on the first 3 weeks of the season, lungbuster. That was a brutal stretch and AC or Harlan would have been in the same position as LC afterwards, IMO.

 

LC is playing to potential right now. Defense was the name of the game friday. I think this was a toss up game, lb, and LC played a little better/smarter friday. I think that if these two played each other every week of the season, they would split.

 

LC has around 9 or 10 Seniors on the roster and a few Juniors. The underlasses have a lot of good athletes and contribute. I've said it before, Harlan and LC are mirror images of each other. I would not have been suprised with friday either way it would have went.

5 starters out. Various injuries.

 

I hope you were not basing your view of LC on the first 3 weeks of the season, lungbuster. That was a brutal stretch and AC or Harlan would have been in the same position as LC afterwards, IMO.

 

LC is playing to potential right now. Defense was the name of the game friday. I think this was a toss up game, lb, and LC played a little better/smarter friday. I think that if these two played each other every week of the season, they would split.

 

LC has around 9 or 10 Seniors on the roster and a few Juniors. The underlasses have a lot of good athletes and contribute. I've said it before, Harlan and LC are mirror images of each other. I would not have been suprised with friday either way it would have went.

 

I wasn't, I understand who they have played and I wasn't saying anything negative about LC or Allen Central but I still don't think the Campers should of been able to stay on the field with Harlan! Throw in the injuries and that makes it more unrealistic. JMHO :isurrender:

OK.

I think the talent level is still close, JMHO.

 

Lynn Camp won last year against the Dragons with many of these same kids from this year on the field then, too. Tyrone was the only running back we had to play consistently by that time of the year. Steele was gone, Wagner (our other back) was out and we were a physical wreck all of last year. Most of the kids on the field against Harlan last year were either young, broken or both. It was a bad year. Many of those same kids are back and healthy.

 

Both teams had the same attrition rates, for the most part, to graduation. We have two of our missing running backs back, many of the same linemen, same center and most of the same kids back on defense. I just can't see why Harlan should have just mopped the earth with kids they did not mop the earth with last year. I still say they are near equal.

Edited by DADDY CAT

OK.

I think the talent level is still close, JMHO.

 

Lynn Camp won last year against the Dragons with many of these same kids from this year on the field then, too. Tyrone was the only running back we had to play consistently by that time of the year. Steele was gone, Wagner (our other back) was out and we were a physical wreck all of last year. Most of the kids on the field against Harlan last year were either young, broken or both. It was a bad year. Many of those same kids are back and healthy.

 

Both teams had the same attrition rates, for the most part, to graduation. We have two of our missing running backs back, many of the same linemen, same center and most of the same kids back on defense. I just can't see why Harlan should have just mopped the earth with kids they did not mop the earth with last year. I still say they are near equal.

 

Point taken and maybe you are correct. So using your own logic what about the AC game. Same teams as last year and Harlan won 50 something to 6 and get beat this year in OT. I don't know? Maybe half of what I said is correct?:thumb:

Harlan's own radio announcers were commenting that they couldn't understand what was going on out there on the field. They sure made it sound like both the players and coaches were having a bad night.

 

....and fans! :irked:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.