Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meade County/Fern Creek Predictions

Who will win? 22 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Meade County
      31%
    • Fern Creek
      68%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Meade has played well against two great teams for loses. Fern Creek has never lost to the Waves. Meade will be the underdog, but if FC comes in thinking this game is already in the bag they could go home disapointed.

I will say Meade by less than 7.

Sounds good to me JEB. I think it will be another close one.

I think I've gone with Meade County the last couple of years that I've been participating in our weekly picks at my paper.

 

Not sure who I'm going with this year, although it has been close each year.

 

Jeb, convince me why I should pick the Green Wave this time.

  • Author
I think I've gone with Meade County the last couple of years that I've been participating in our weekly picks at my paper.

 

Not sure who I'm going with this year, although it has been close each year.

 

Jeb, convince me why I should pick the Green Wave this time.

 

You can never count out a team that has heart.

We were supposed to be blowed out our first 2 games by better teams than Fern Creek, we were up at the half in both and had a chance winning both at the end. We're not as big ,fast , or have the atheletes of most of the teams we play, but we never give up, and our D plays team ball. also after averaging just 13 ppg. last year we scored 34 on a good Anderson co. team and 17 on Johns crazy deffense last week in a 22-17 loss.

We don't schedule cupcakes to improve our records in non district games, Anderson Co., John, Fern Creek, Ballard,and Butler..I know that's one of the hardest non district schedules in the state. But those games do not get you in the playoffs, they prepare you for the playoffs.

Meade is hungry for a win , and they are just about are where they need to be, I feel that when they get going, they will go further than the scheduled 10 games. Look at the 07 team that start 0-3. state simi finalist, with a big win over a Male team that had beaten us 3 previous times. I don't know what the future holds for the Greenwave but, I feel that this may turn out to be a special year for these kids.

You can never count out a team that has heart.

We were supposed to be blowed out our first 2 games by better teams than Fern Creek, we were up at the half in both and had a chance winning both at the end. We're not as big ,fast , or have the atheletes of most of the teams we play, but we never give up, and our D plays team ball. also after averaging just 13 ppg. last year we scored 34 on a good Anderson co. team and 17 on Johns crazy deffense last week in a 22-17 loss.

We don't schedule cupcakes to improve our records in non district games, Anderson Co., John, Fern Creek, Ballard,and Butler..I know that's one of the hardest non district schedules in the state. But those games do not get you in the playoffs, they prepare you for the playoffs.

Meade is hungry for a win , and they are just about are where they need to be, I feel that when they get going, they will go further than the scheduled 10 games. Look at the 07 team that start 0-3. state simi finalist, with a big win over a Male team that had beaten us 3 previous times. I don't know what the future holds for the Greenwave but, I feel that this may turn out to be a special year for these kids.

 

 

Who have they played that is supposed to be better than Fern Creek?

 

Not to be disrespectful, but I daresay that FC's schedule is tougher than Meade's. Seneca alone is talented enough to give most teams fits defensively and FC absolutely demolished them.

 

Unless Meade has speed across the board or a smashmouth game to match St.X's to slow it, I will put my money on the Tigers by about 21. No offense to the "heart" argument but I have heard that every time Trinity or St.X has played someone from out in the state and 99% of the team it has been a blowout. Fern Creek is looking like a potential 6A contender in the coming years with Higgins as their coach.

I posted a topic on the Tigers. They have as much speed as I have ever seen. This should be a very good matchup. Meade Cty will have their hands full and I agree with PepRock.

I posted a topic on the Tigers. They have as much speed as I have ever seen. This should be a very good matchup. Meade Cty will have their hands full and I agree with PepRock.

 

 

In all the years we have been posting on this site Larry I think that is one of maybe 3 or 4 times I have seen that. :lol:

I'm too lazy to research this^^^^, maybe on classic rock thread or food. :thumb:

I've always had a lot of respect for the Green Wave program. Over the past couple of decades, you could always count on the Wave to be tough, tough, tough!

 

Love the stadium...with the cars on the hillside, listening to WMMG and blowing their horns and flashing their headlights when the Green Wave scores...

 

Great atmosphere.

 

But I don't think Meade can hang with this FC team, heart or no. As good as Meade's schedule is, they haven't played anyone like Seneca yet, and the Creekers slammed Seneca. And Higgins is one of the best at preparation; I just don't think FC will be overlooking anyone...

 

Fern Creek blazes by 21. (and that's NOT disrespecting Meade!)

  • Author
I've always had a lot of respect for the Green Wave program. Over the past couple of decades, you could always count on the Wave to be tough, tough, tough!

 

Love the stadium...with the cars on the hillside, listening to WMMG and blowing their horns and flashing their headlights when the Green Wave scores...

 

Great atmosphere.

 

But I don't think Meade can hang with this FC team, heart or no. As good as Meade's schedule is, they haven't played anyone like Seneca yet, and the Creekers slammed Seneca. And Higgins is one of the best at preparation; I just don't think FC will be overlooking anyone...

 

Fern Creek blazes by 21. (and that's NOT disrespecting Meade!)

 

I thank you for the post, what a lot of people don't look at is where a persons heart is. When you lived in one place all of your life, went through the ranks from peenut to your senior year and then your kids repeat the process, should I say anything else? I am a realist,and I know when the odds are for or against us. It would take nearly a perfect game by us, and a few miscues by Fern Creek for us to pull is out. But saying that, Meade can pull this out. Will they? That is yet to be seen. Ours and your kids read these post, when our kids get on here they are going to see something positive and know that they have support.

I did not mean to step on any toes. But if it is wrong to try to incourage and support our boys.....Guilty as Charged... :thumb:

The atmosphere at Meade, even without the cars sitting on the hill these days, is second to none IMO. Love covering games there when I get the chance, and I love the improvements they've done to the stadium.

 

It's my favorite place to watch a game, bar none.

Meade did play John Hardin very tough, probably should have won. I believe John Hardin is better than Seneca! But Fern Creek does have a little too much speed for Meade, so I'll take Fern Creek 28 to 14, maybe making Meade the best 0 and 3 team in 6A.

I thank you for the post, what a lot of people don't look at is where a persons heart is. When you lived in one place all of your life, went through the ranks from peenut to your senior year and then your kids repeat the process, should I say anything else? I am a realist,and I know when the odds are for or against us. It would take nearly a perfect game by us, and a few miscues by Fern Creek for us to pull is out. But saying that, Meade can pull this out. Will they? That is yet to be seen. Ours and your kids read these post, when our kids get on here they are going to see something positive and know that they have support.

I did not mean to step on any toes. But if it is wrong to try to incourage and support our boys.....Guilty as Charged... :thumb:

 

Step on toes??? Certainly not. You wrote from the heart, and that's admirable in my book!!!! On the other hand, I have no dog in this fight. I'm not from Meade or Fern Creek. My heart often tends to stray to the underdog's corner in games like this...but I'm afraid my head says this isn't a likely upset.

 

Did I see in one of the posts above a statement that insinuates the cars no longer park on the hill??? It's been a while since I saw a Meade County game at home - perhaps 9 years - but that was a cool tradition!!!

  • Author
Step on toes??? Certainly not. You wrote from the heart, and that's admirable in my book!!!! On the other hand, I have no dog in this fight. I'm not from Meade or Fern Creek. My heart often tends to stray to the underdog's corner in games like this...but I'm afraid my head says this isn't a likely upset.

 

Did I see in one of the posts above a statement that insinuates the cars no longer park on the hill??? It's been a while since I saw a Meade County game at home - perhaps 9 years - but that was a cool tradition!!!

 

It is really is a matter of which Barnie Fife is on duty......

I meant no disrespect to the players. I haven't seen them and was mostly speaking of the speed of the Creekers. I also picked Male to beat Meade two years ago, so Good Luck to Meade County.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.