Fan ethics question

Last night during the Highlands Manual game, a Manual punt pinned Highlands down inside their 5 yrd line. During a timeout I was standing behind the endzone and listened in the best I could as the Highlands coach spoke to his team, thought I heard the Highlands coach say QB sneak. Now I was less than 50% sure that is what I heard and I didn't want to mislead our defense by putting there focus in the wrong area, so didn't yell "watch the QB or anything like that". Lo and behold Highlands runs a qb sneak for a big gain and I'm left with the feeling like I let my team down.

So my question is this. Had I yelled QB sneak I would have effectively been stealing signals from Highlands, would that have been unethical from a fans standpoint? There is nothing to guarentee that the Manual players would have listened to me but it is possible that I could have influenced the game as a fan. Would that have been an acceptable thing to do?

You did the right thing by not saying anything. As mentioned, it would not have made a difference. They would not have listened. Good coaching should have the D ready for all possibilities in any given situation. After all, QB sneak could have meant "Hail Mary." :D ............. :cool:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic