Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin at UFC 106?

Featured Replies

I think he might be 10x bigger than me....Seriously. :lol:

 

I'm sticking with my uninformed, uneducated guess and saying Lesnar wins though.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonzaga was absolutely working Carwin until that one punch...and that is something Lesnar will have to deal with. You hear about one punch K.O. power and Carwin is the PERFECT example. The punch he koed a very good Gonzaga with, was probably the shortest KO punch I have ever seen. I still believe Lesnar will win convincingly, but you never know...it may be a fight

Gonzaga was absolutely working Carwin until that one punch...and that is something Lesnar will have to deal with. You hear about one punch K.O. power and Carwin is the PERFECT example. The punch he koed a very good Gonzaga with, was probably the shortest KO punch I have ever seen. I still believe Lesnar will win convincingly, but you never know...it may be a fight

 

They weren't fighting long so I wouldn't say he was absolutely working him. Gonzaga landed a few big shots, but he couldn't finish Carwin. He also got Carwin down, but Carwin immediately got back up, and KO'd Gonzaga.

I like this match up, it has the potential to be a pretty interesting fight.

They weren't fighting long so I wouldn't say he was absolutely working him. Gonzaga landed a few big shots, but he couldn't finish Carwin. He also got Carwin down, but Carwin immediately got back up, and KO'd Gonzaga.

 

After watching that fight for about 30 seconds, I was wondering if Shane Carwin had any buisness being in the same octagon as Gonzaga, but he capatilized on a huge punch and won the fight.

After watching that fight for about 30 seconds, I was wondering if Shane Carwin had any buisness being in the same octagon as Gonzaga, but he capatilized on a huge punch and won the fight.

 

Shane Carwin sure belonged in the octagon with him. Gonzaga didn't know where he was after about 2 minutes in there. It's not about who gets rocked a couple of times...it's about who wins. Carwin proved he can comeback after getting rocked and still win. He showed me a lot in that fight.

  • Author

It will not be an easy fight for Lesnar I can guarantee you that. Even if it goes to the ground I dont think Brock will dominate. He probably has the advantage but I think Carwin is very capable of getting back to his feet. Really looking forward to this battle.

It will not be an easy fight for Lesnar I can guarantee you that. Even if it goes to the ground I dont think Brock will dominate. He probably has the advantage but I think Carwin is very capable of getting back to his feet. Really looking forward to this battle.

 

I don't think he'll be able to use as much of his size and strength against Carwin, like he did against Mir. Carwin is just as big...and maybe just as strong.

  • Author
I don't think he'll be able to use as much of his size and strength against Carwin, like he did against Mir. Carwin is just as big...and maybe just as strong.

 

Yeah Im not sure Brock can use his size and strength to play the bully like he has in all of his fights so far.

After watching that fight for about 30 seconds, I was wondering if Shane Carwin had any buisness being in the same octagon as Gonzaga, but he capatilized on a huge punch and won the fight.

 

Gonzaga is a beast. He has all the tools to be an elite HW, IMO. He rocked Couture a couple of times when they fought as well, but Randy executed his game plan to perfection and dominated that fight for the most part.

 

A win over Gonzaga is a big win in my book.

 

I don't think Carwin will beat Brock Lesnar, but his punching power definitely gives him a chance. Lesnar isn't made of steel, Mir rocked him in their second fight just before they went to the ground and Lesnar finished him against the cage. If Carwin can land a clean shot, he may be able to beat the monster.

 

But, personally, I think Lesnar wins by TKO in the first or second round.

Gonzaga is a beast. He has all the tools to be an elite HW, IMO. He rocked Couture a couple of times when they fought as well, but Randy executed his game plan to perfection and dominated that fight for the most part.

 

A win over Gonzaga is a big win in my book.

I don't think Carwin will beat Brock Lesnar, but his punching power definitely gives him a chance. Lesnar isn't made of steel, Mir rocked him in their second fight just before they went to the ground and Lesnar finished him against the cage. If Carwin can land a clean shot, he may be able to beat the monster.

 

But, personally, I think Lesnar wins by TKO in the first or second round.

 

 

Agreed...Gonzaga is an elite heavyweight, and Carwin finished him within 3 minutes of the first round. Carwin is unquestionably a beast, but I don't think he is near the beast Lesnar is. I expect for Carwins streak to continue of not leaving the first round, just to be on the wrong side of the spectrum.

Gonzaga is a beast. He has all the tools to be an elite HW, IMO. He rocked Couture a couple of times when they fought as well, but Randy executed his game plan to perfection and dominated that fight for the most part.

 

A win over Gonzaga is a big win in my book.

 

I don't think Carwin will beat Brock Lesnar, but his punching power definitely gives him a chance. Lesnar isn't made of steel, Mir rocked him in their second fight just before they went to the ground and Lesnar finished him against the cage. If Carwin can land a clean shot, he may be able to beat the monster.

 

But, personally, I think Lesnar wins by TKO in the first or second round.

 

Gonzaga is talented, but he hasn't beat a lot of top competition. In fact he loses a lot when he fights top competition.

 

Couture, Carwin, Werdum have all beat Gonzaga.

Agreed...Gonzaga is an elite heavyweight, and Carwin finished him within 3 minutes of the first round. Carwin is unquestionably a beast, but I don't think he is near the beast Lesnar is. I expect for Carwins streak to continue of not leaving the first round, just to be on the wrong side of the spectrum.

 

:thumb:

 

Carwin may be bigger than a lot of HW's, but Lesnar will again enjoy a significant size advantage. He'll just outweight Carwin by 30-40 pounds instead of 45-55. That's a huge problem to overcome against a guy like Lesnar.

 

The good news for Carwin is that at 6'4, he should have a decent enough reach to give him a chance to strike without putting himself in too much danger. Perhaps he can move around and stay outside and outstrike Lesnar. Brock has yet to prove his skill level as a striker...if he can land that right you're in trouble, but how effective is he with the rest of his striking? Perhaps Carwin can stay outside, pick his spots, avoid the big right and outstrike Lesnar.

 

If the fight goes to the ground and Carwin is on his back, I don't see him doing much. His best bet would be to survive the round, or hold on and hope for a stand up.

 

He's got a chance for sure, but I wouldn't pick him.

Both these guys are true HW and while Brock is not a great striker, his hands are heavy, Carwin though is a very good striker with heavy hands also...........with true HW's and both with power this could go wither way.

Anyone think Cain Velasquez has a legitimate gripe for not fighting for the title? Just curious...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.