Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Keeper Question

Do I own three top ten keepers? 7 members have voted

  1. 1. Do I own three top ten keepers?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I've never played in a keeper league (and I'd like to get in an MLB one if your league has any openings for next year, former). What does have 3 top 10 keepers affect? How does the keeper thing work (do you lose draft picks or what)?

 

If you are asking which to keep, it is 1. Wright 2. Utley 3. Tex. I'd also say that Tex is not in the top 10 keepers, probably between 15-25.

Stats? Do I have to look them up myself? :irked::lol:

  • Author
I've never played in a keeper league (and I'd like to get in an MLB one if your league has any openings for next year, former). What does have 3 top 10 keepers affect? How does the keeper thing work (do you lose draft picks or what)?

 

If you are asking which to keep, it is 1. Wright 2. Utley 3. Tex. I'd also say that Tex is not in the top 10 keepers, probably between 15-25.

My keeper league you keep 4 keepers, one of which has to be a pitcher and one of which has to be a hitter. The other two are wild cards. Basically I'm asking if you think those three are all in the top ten for next year. Draft position is irrelevant, though I'm trying to pass a rule where you have a "late round" keeper. Right now, we have had the same group for a few years, but if it changes I'll let you know.

 

I would disagree with Tex...he has adjusted well to the A.L.plus a new team and is on fire. In that line up, I think it will continue for the next several years. I can keep all three and really the only other options would be V Mart, Kemp, or Granderson...none of which excite me as much as the three I named! (though I hope I can somehow get Kemp back, I hate to give him up)

  • Author
Stats? Do I have to look them up myself? :irked::lol:
These are all of the scoring categories in my league. It's not your standard 5x5 Roto league. We count singles, doubles, and triples as categories.

Tex - 68 Runs, 64 singles 31 doubles, 0 triples, 29 HR's, 84 RBI's, 2 SB's, and .286 average.

Utley - 78 Runs, 70 singles, 21 doubles, 1 triple , 23 HR's, 72 RBI's, 13 SB's, anda .292 average.

Wright - 72 Runs, 93 singles, 30 doubles, 3 triples, 8 HR's, 55 RBI's, 24 SB's, and a .322 average.

These are all of the scoring categories in my league. It's not your standard 5x5 Roto league. We count singles, doubles, and triples as categories.

Tex - 68 Runs, 64 singles 31 doubles, 0 triples, 29 HR's, 84 RBI's, 2 SB's, and .286 average.

Utley - 78 Runs, 70 singles, 21 doubles, 1 triple , 23 HR's, 72 RBI's, 13 SB's, anda .292 average.

Wright - 72 Runs, 93 singles, 30 doubles, 3 triples, 8 HR's, 55 RBI's, 24 SB's, and a .322 average.

 

You could just combine them all and do Total Bases...I always like that idea, but nobody else could bare to give up HR's as a stat.:D

  • Author
You could just combine them all and do Total Bases...I always like that idea, but nobody else could bare to give up HR's as a stat.:D
I have been playing with some variation of this group for over ten years. We all seem to like this, but I have tried to argue TB before. I have also tried to get OBP instead of average or eliminate average all together. Either way, I'm not a fan of the traditional 5x5 league. The thing that really bothers me is we don't have the same amount of pitching categories as we do hitting categories.
My keeper league you keep 4 keepers, one of which has to be a pitcher and one of which has to be a hitter. The other two are wild cards. Basically I'm asking if you think those three are all in the top ten for next year. Draft position is irrelevant, though I'm trying to pass a rule where you have a "late round" keeper. Right now, we have had the same group for a few years, but if it changes I'll let you know.

 

I would disagree with Tex...he has adjusted well to the A.L.plus a new team and is on fire. In that line up, I think it will continue for the next several years. I can keep all three and really the only other options would be V Mart, Kemp, or Granderson...none of which excite me as much as the three I named! (though I hope I can somehow get Kemp back, I hate to give him up)

 

I just meant that in addition to Utley and Wright, there are 8 others that I could name that I'd rather have (I'll do it if you want :D). Either way, I thought you said you have to keep a pitcher?

 

Furthermore, out of curiousity, is Granderson especially valuable in your league because of triples?

  • Author
I just meant that in addition to Utley and Wright, there are 8 others that I could name that I'd rather have (I'll do it if you want :D). Either way, I thought you said you have to keep a pitcher?

 

Furthermore, out of curiousity, is Granderson especially valuable in your league because of triples?

Fair enough, that's why I asked. Let's hear the eight other guys who make up your top ten for next year. Yea, I'm either keeping CC or Josh Johnson in addition to those three. Probably going to roll with CC.

 

It definitely adds to his value. But in all honesty he only has 6 on the year so it doesn't add near as much. Now two years ago when he had an insane amount he basically wono the category for you.

 

The good thing is...in a ten team league with those four keepers, I am STACKED for next year.

The no brainer for me is Utley. His production at 2b is more difficult to replace than the other two. Wright and Texeira are kind of a tossup with Wright's power numbers down like they are. But they all three are good, young players definitely worth having so what is the down side to not keeping them? If they don't cost you anything to keep, then keep them.

  • Author
The no brainer for me is Utley. His production at 2b is more difficult to replace than the other two. Wright and Texeira are kind of a tossup with Wright's power numbers down like they are. But they all three are good, young players definitely worth having so what is the down side to not keeping them? If they don't cost you anything to keep, then keep them.
I get to keep all of them, I'm not trying to debate that, to me they are no brainers over Kemp, Granderson, or V Mart. I made the claim to some league members that not only do I have the best set of keepers (not really debatable to me) but I also have three keepers who will be in the top ten (which is debatable), so I just wanted BGP's opinion. It's being a little overanalyzed, but I think I might have just needed to ask who is your top ten fantasy players for next year. :ohbrother:
Fair enough, that's why I asked. Let's hear the eight other guys who make up your top ten for next year. Yea, I'm either keeping CC or Josh Johnson in addition to those three. Probably going to roll with CC.

 

It definitely adds to his value. But in all honesty he only has 6 on the year so it doesn't add near as much. Now two years ago when he had an insane amount he basically wono the category for you.

 

The good thing is...in a ten team league with those four keepers, I am STACKED for next year.

 

You are stacked. As for the 10 guys better than Tex (in my book), I guess some of them would have to do with whether you are gearing up for a run next year or looking to the future. Assuming you are gearing up for a run: Wright, Utley, Hanley, Pujols, Joe Mauer, Morneau, Miguel Cabrera, Votto, Carl Crawford, and possibly Pedroia, Braun, or even ARod.

  • Author
You are stacked. As for the 10 guys better than Tex (in my book), I guess some of them would have to do with whether you are gearing up for a run next year or looking to the future. Assuming you are gearing up for a run: Wright, Utley, Hanley, Pujols, Joe Mauer, Morneau, Miguel Cabrera, Votto, Carl Crawford, and possibly Pedroia, Braun, or even ARod.

I would have to disagree with both of those.

I own Tex, Utley, and Wright...do I have three top ten keepers for next year?

 

Those are three great keepers. Tex was not top ten at the start of the season but he is knocking on the door.

I would have to disagree with both of those.

 

Joe Mauer stats in 87 games this year:

Avg .369 HR 20 RBI 66 Runs 64 SB 1

 

I would say those are pretty darn good.

He's one of the best catchers out there, if not the best.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.