Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Keeper Question

Do I own three top ten keepers? 7 members have voted

  1. 1. Do I own three top ten keepers?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Sounds like you've got a nice team with some nice choices for keepers. However, how do you have Wright as a Top 10 player? How is his .322 8 HRs 55 RBIs 24 SBs a Top 10 player? I'm going to give you some players with comperable stats or that should be rated as high (position players only) : Derek Jeter,Alex Rodriguez, Dustin Pedroia, Jason Bay, Kevin Youkilis, Carl Crawford, Evan Longoria, Adam Lind, Aaron Hill, Nick Markakis, Adam Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Brandon Inge, Curtis Granderson....that's not even in the whole American league, there's lots of players out there with David Wright's numbers and several corner infielders that are as good as Tex. Nice group of keepers but not nearly 3 out of the top 10.

I would have to disagree with both of those.

 

Votto, perhaps, but I'm surprised you chose Mauer...he plays in an easier division at a position that is harder to fill.

  • Author
Sounds like you've got a nice team with some nice choices for keepers. However, how do you have Wright as a Top 10 player? How is his .322 8 HRs 55 RBIs 24 SBs a Top 10 player? I'm going to give you some players with comperable stats or that should be rated as high (position players only) : Derek Jeter,Alex Rodriguez, Dustin Pedroia, Jason Bay, Kevin Youkilis, Carl Crawford, Evan Longoria, Adam Lind, Aaron Hill, Nick Markakis, Adam Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Brandon Inge, Curtis Granderson....that's not even in the whole American league, there's lots of players out there with David Wright's numbers and several corner infielders that are as good as Tex. Nice group of keepers but not nearly 3 out of the top 10.
I don't play in a 5x5, Wright adds value in other categories for my league. BUT, I never said he was top ten this year, I just think when the team is healthy next year he will be top ten.

 

Out of curiosity what would your top ten be for next year?

  • Author
Votto, perhaps, but I'm surprised you chose Mauer...he plays in an easier division at a position that is harder to fill.
He has cooled off quite a bit, in a roto league catchers lose importance as they don't play nearly the same amount of games as a normal position player. Mauer's BIGGEST (not only) value year in and year out is average (his power numbers are a fluke this year if you look at past years stats), if you have a high average but significantly less AB's then it doesn't help you near as much. Also, all catchers carry a greater risk of injury than any other positions. Like kickers/defenses in football, I refuse to waste a high pick on a catcher (V-Mart came as an add-in from a trade where I was after a bigger guy, plus he usually plays a lot more games because he gets dh'd and 1B time).
  • Author
Joe Mauer stats in 87 games this year:

Avg .369 HR 20 RBI 66 Runs 64 SB 1

 

I would say those are pretty darn good.

He's one of the best catchers out there, if not the best.

Awesome stats from a catcher and I would love to have them. See my post above on my thoughts. Also, I'm talking about next year's rankings and not this year.
  • Author

Here is Brendan Roberts top ten hitters for the rest of the year:

 

1. Albert Pujols, 1B, STL (1)

2. Hanley Ramirez, SS, FLA (4)

3. Alex Rodriguez, 3B, NYY (14)

4. Mark Teixeira, 1B, NYY (6)

5. David Wright, 3B, NYM (9)

6. Ryan Braun, OF, MIL (2)

7. Carl Crawford, OF, TB (3)

8. Chase Utley, 2B, PHI (5)

9. Joe Mauer, C, MIN (15)

10. Jacoby Ellsbury, OF, BOS (12)

 

 

I know it's not next year...but I'd say it will closely mirror his rankings for next year

  • Author

Eric Karabell released his top ten for next year. Utley comes in as #4, Wright at #6, and Tex at #7. Just sayin...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.