Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EARLY Bracketology

Featured Replies

That's only partly right. Shelden Williams was one of the premier post players in the country when he was at Duke. That team lost to LSU in the Sweet 16 because that team had no depth and they were completely worn out by that time. JJ also had a very hard time with Tyrus Thomas guarding him.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if UK won, or Kansas, or Villanova. Or some team no one expects.

 

That LSU team was extremely athletic and long, two things Duke was not, I'm not saying Duke has never been worthy of the hype they get, I just never viewed them as a true threat to those Florida teams, UNC 2x, Kansas, or UConn.

 

And Shelden Williams was a great college player, but no where near the player Boozer was.

 

Let's get this straight...Duke was a choke job in the second half of the 2004 Final Four away from cutting down the nets....they are a legit title contedner more years than not.

 

I can't see them beating Florida in 07, KU in 08, UNC last year, possibly the 06 UF team, UNC in 05 or that UConn team with Okafor and Gordon in 04. I just don't think they've been on the same level as that 2001 team.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know where you are getting your info from, but Duke is guilty of not making it past the first weekend twice since 1998. 2 of those times in the last 4 seasons, yes, but once every 5 years is way off. Even so, in those last 4 years, we have still been considerably better than UK, so again, at this current moment, the only thing you can brag about to any Duke fan is that you are currently better on paper. Going back and checking out schedules and results from the last year to 2000 heavily leans in Duke's favor.

 

I agree, and I'm not trying to say that Duke isn't very good-I know you weren't responding to me, just wanted to throw this in-I'm just saying they haven't been the same since Jay Williams, Boozer, Dunlevy, Jones, and Battier left.

I can't see them beating Florida in 07, KU in 08, UNC last year, possibly the 06 UF team, UNC in 05 or that UConn team with Okafor and Gordon in 04. I just don't think they've been on the same level as that 2001 team.

They had UConn down double digits in the second half....they choked......they certainly could've beaten the '06 UF team......

I can't see them beating Florida in 07, KU in 08, UNC last year, possibly the 06 UF team, UNC in 05 or that UConn team with Okafor and Gordon in 04. I just don't think they've been on the same level as that 2001 team.

They had UConn down double digits in the second half....they choked......they certainly could've beaten the '06 UF team......

 

I don't think they could beat that UConn team but only 2 times out of every ten, that was a darn good team and I didn't say without a shadow of doubt the 06 UF team would beat them. I said they could possibly beat them.

 

All I am saying is that until Duke can get players Boozer and Battier again, I don't see them being a true National Title contender.

Let's get this straight...Duke was a choke job in the second half of the 2004 Final Four away from cutting down the nets....they are a legit title contedner more years than not.

 

Since when?

Since when?

 

:laugh:

 

Since the 80's.....most recently when JJ and Shelden Williams were seniors in 2005-06 when they lost to LSU in the Sweet 16. They were a legitimate title contender that year. Especially when you take into the consideration that the team that beat them(LSU) made the Final Four.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.