Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd County practice

Featured Replies

How have the practices been going?

I have been told that there is only 35 from Freshman thru Seniors that have shown up for practices.

 

Some say it's because the basketball coaches won't allow their players to play both sports where as others say, that last years coaching left a bad taste in their mouths.

 

I have heard several say that because of Coach Evans coaching or lack of, during the All Star Game, along with his avoidance to get a new line coach, ie... Coach Pennington, that their season will not be near what it has been since two to three years ago. They may have won the district last year, but that will not happen again this year or for many years to come.

 

The Boyd County Lions have "left the jungle". :idunno:

You've thrown basketball and football under the bus, how's the baseball team? Perhaps it's Boyd's fans who have "left the jungle".:sssh:

It wont be time to talk baseball until Feburary 15th.

 

As far as throwing either football or basketball under the bus, nope, sorry that wasn't me, that was the excellant coaching staff's and their decisions to cater to theirselves and a few select parents, instead of doing what was best for the school and the teams.

 

Yes, you are right, many Boyd fans have "left the jungle", and many more are leaving daily.

Edited by No Guts No Glory
spelling error

I hope that the Lions get everything rolling again. There is too much tradition and talent in that school to not do well in all sports.

The fans are still there and will continue to be for years to come. There ave been issues in all sports at the the county for a while now. Until someone with the authority steps in it will continue. All schools go through these things. The only way to jump start the athletic program again is to is community involvment, that's how programs like Highlands, Beechwood , Russell, Rraceland, and so many others maintain such a high level year in and year out. We can't just blame coaching. If it were that easy we would all be coaches.

Edited by Ram

  • Author

Amen.

The Lions will repeat as District Champs.....yea there haven't been alot of kids at practice, but that just means the seniors and jr's that are playing are going to be in shape, and they'll be tough. As for Coach Evans for some of those players he's the whole reason people are playing....the new line coach is Coach Wilson...not Coach Pennington that's the d-line coach. I know that this season the Lions will shock and awe all of you idiots who are underestimating them!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Anyone that underestimates a Boyd co. team doesn't know KY football. Boyd has as much tradition as anyone.

 

I don't see 35 players or whatever number they have being an issue if they can avoid key injuries.

How many of the 35 players are Freshman and Sophomores?

I can't see that being an accurate number. Between sophmores and juniors last year we had 28 players on the roster. I can't believe that there will only be 7 player between the sophmore and freshmen combined. We didn't have many freshmen last year, but if there are only 35 players 9 through 12 this year, then football is about to die out at Boyd County.

  • Author

I hope you are wrong Heath91. They have small numbers but good talent.

...We didn't have many freshmen last year, but if there are only 35 players 9 through 12 this year, then football is about to die out at Boyd County.

 

I cannot imagine football becoming extinct at BC. If the numbers are as anemic as being reported here, one can hope that “quality over quantity” will prevail.

I'm just saying that number sounds a little low. We only lost 16 playes to graduation out of 44 players 10 through 12 grades. I have no idea how many freshmen we had last year, nor do I know about the freshmen this year. Boyd County has the freshmen on their own roster. I doubt that we would watch this program die out completely. MY generation and earlier grew up with this being one of the states top powerhouse programs. I just hope that with them not being anywhere near what they once were, that they don't start thinking they will never get it back.

I don't mean to sound negative towards the Lions, I just meant to say if the numbers are that low, I hope that it's not due to the lack of success. They have had good teams over the last few years and could be great. The only thing between them and greatness last season was arm tackles and both O-line and D-line play. The line needs to be ore aggressive and quit standing straight up when the ball is hiked.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.