Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tourneys this week?

Featured Replies

Ky Gators won the 17u bluechip showcase at Mid America/Hoops. Congrats!

 

That is fantastic. I saw that they made it to the final four against the DSAS 17's. I talked to a player from the Gators who said they were playing really well. According to their score cards, they were performing nicely. Glad to hear it!

Edited by Perfect Practice

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DSAS 17's looked pretty good this weekend. They made it to the final four and lost to the Kentucky Gators (as previously posted).

 

The NKY Bulldogs had a 3 or 4 total wins I believe and 2 of them were big wins (in the mid 20's) in the first 2 rounds of bracket play. They made it to the final four and lost a close, hard fought game to a very good team called the Louisville Legends. Bobby Stauffer and Todd Vollet (both Ryle Highschool) had good tournaments.

 

The Louisville Legends, were made up a few of the former Louisville Lakers players, and some other very solid players. I am short with names, but I know that they had Toney Kimbro playing with them. Kimbro had a double-double in one game I saw, but was held pretty well in check against the NKY Bulldogs. Overall he had a really good weekend though. Doesnt he live in NC now or somewhere? The legends went undefeated in pool play, and the closest game was a 12 point win. I would have to guess this Legends team won the 16's bracket. Just a really good, solid team.

 

The Kentucky Gators, as previously posted, won the 17's bracket. That is great!

  • Author
Which Team KY? It seems as if there is more than one Team KY???

 

We are going to have to find out who that "other" team is :cool:

IMG_0535a.jpg

In the U16 Blue Chip tourny, the Louisville Legends knocked off the Nashville Stars in the finals by 7. This was a really good tournament with teams from GA, TN, MI, OH, KY, NY, IL, IN. The NKY Bulldogs went 2 -1 in pool play knocking off the MBC Stars from Southern Illinois and Baylor Basketball from Indiana. They lost a close one by 3 points to the Detroit Eagles. In bracket play, they beat the Macon Bucks from GA by over 20 and Team Dayton by 20+ also advancing them to the final four. They lost in a really close game to the Louisville legends by 7. Tony Kimbro had 12 points. The Legends were led by a #13 who I believe was Jerrell Moore from Louisville. I am not sure, but he had a fantastic game. The Bulldogs were led by Bobby Stauffer and Todd Vollett who had huge weekends.

DSAS 17's looked pretty good this weekend. They made it to the final four and lost to the Kentucky Gators (as previously posted).

 

The NKY Bulldogs had a 3 or 4 total wins I believe and 2 of them were big wins (in the mid 20's) in the first 2 rounds of bracket play. They made it to the final four and lost a close, hard fought game to a very good team called the Louisville Legends. Bobby Stauffer and Todd Vollet (both Ryle Highschool) had good tournaments.

 

The Louisville Legends, were made up a few of the former Louisville Lakers players, and some other very solid players. I am short with names, but I know that they had Toney Kimbro playing with them. Kimbro had a double-double in one game I saw, but was held pretty well in check against the NKY Bulldogs. Overall he had a really good weekend though. Doesnt he live in NC now or somewhere? The legends went undefeated in pool play, and the closest game was a 12 point win. I would have to guess this Legends team won the 16's bracket. Just a really good, solid team.

 

The Kentucky Gators, as previously posted, won the 17's bracket. That is great!

 

For the record the DSAA 17u west team went 4-0 in this tourny and forfeited to the Gators in the semi's. They played pretty well in pool play beating some quality teams. In the game against MBC Samsel hit 8 3's and scored 31 points to help DSAA win. Taylor Epley and Phil Bonner joined the team and played well in their debut. Both are going to Las Vegas with the team to play in the Adidas 64 event.

For the record the DSAA 17u west team went 4-0 in this tourny and forfeited to the Gators in the semi's. They played pretty well in pool play beating some quality teams. In the game against MBC Samsel hit 8 3's and scored 31 points to help DSAA win. Taylor Epley and Phil Bonner joined the team and played well in their debut. Both are going to Las Vegas with the team to play in the Adidas 64 event.

 

 

Wow, I was not aware of the forfeit. Why was the game forfeit? Sounds like DSAS had a nice weekend.

Wow, I was not aware of the forfeit. Why was the game forfeit? Sounds like DSAS had a nice weekend.

 

 

I heard that one kid left for Vegas on Sunday with his parents. Two others had to work. Phil Bonner had to go back to Lexington and Thomas Blakemore tweaked his ankle and needed to rest it for Vegas. That only left 4 players, thus the forfeit.

 

They got what they needed out of this tourny to get them ready for the adidas 64 event. I hope they perform well in lost wages.

I heard that one kid left for Vegas on Sunday with his parents. Two others had to work. Phil Bonner had to go back to Lexington and Thomas Blakemore tweaked his ankle and needed to rest it for Vegas. That only left 4 players, thus the forfeit.

 

They got what they needed out of this tourny to get them ready for the adidas 64 event. I hope they perform well in lost wages.

 

That seems a bit disappointing. Especially for the Kentucky Gators. No one wants a forfeit win. Kind wrong of them to enter just to play a few games and then bounce. I guess they paid their money though.

  • Author

Team Kentucky is doing well out in LA, two nights ago had a 10 point lost to nationally ranked Mater Dei HS of Santa Ana Ca, 107-97.

Team Kentucky is doing well out in LA, two nights ago had a 10 point lost to nationally ranked Mater Dei HS of Santa Ana Ca, 107-97.

 

Great showing...any stats? When do they play next? Also how is Jaylan doing?

  • Author
Great showing...any stats? When do they play next? Also how is Jaylan doing?

 

Don't have the stats with me at the moment, But Jaylen, Will Skaggs, Zach Perkins and Bryce With all played very well. Jaylen is doing very well, he is getting quite a few looks out here. We have added one more player as well. We play two game tomorrow, and at least two on Sunday, then we start the big Adidas Best of Summer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.