Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tim Floyd resigns at USC.

Featured Replies

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4246625

 

 

Embroiled in controversy, Southern California coach Tim Floyd resigned on Tuesday, The Clarion Ledger of Jackson, Miss., reported.

 

The newspaper obtained the contents of a letter that the coach submitted to USC athletic director Mike Garrett.

 

"Unfortunately, I no longer feel I can offer the level of enthusiasm to my duties that is deserved by the university, my coaching staff, my players, their families, and the supporters of Southern Cal," the letter said. "I always promised myself and my family that if I ever felt I could no longer give my full enthusiasm to a job, that I should leave it to others who could. I intend to contact my coaching staff and my players in coming days and weeks to tell them how much each of them means to me. I wish the best to USC and to my successor."

In other words....

 

After creating a big mess at USC, Tim Floyd is leaving town.

 

"Having to battle both the NCAA and UCLA isn't worth the headache. I always promised my attorney that I would get out before getting caught red-handed. I plan on contacting my staff and players to tell them I hope the NCAA doesn't come down too hard on them. I hope this doesn't tarnish me getting another job."

Why is the Clarion Ledger breaking this story and not the LA Times?

Maybe one last kick back for the road.

Why is the Clarion Ledger breaking this story and not the LA Times?

Kid from Mississippi committed to USC. I'm sure he leaked it.

Admittedly, I am one of those naive people who believes someone like Tim Floyd is sincere when he flip flops and comes back to USC like he did. At the same time, I wasn't thinking about the O.J. Mayo, Renardo Sisney stuff......it's not so surprising now that I think about it.

You've been too busy trying to take down Cal to pay attention to anything else.:D

Some of those kids coaches fool with are nothing but toxic. Changing high schools numerous times sends a bad message to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.