Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dermatologist

Featured Replies

I had a spot removed a couple of months ago and used Mark Zalla in Florence. He and his office staff were great. My primary care doc gave me a referral, and the derm's office got me in asap. I was told by my primary care doc office that a referral is needed since most derms have a 3-6 month waiting list.

 

Mom works for Dr. Zalla and Dr. Eisner. They are in the same office. If you don't have an immediate referal good luck getting before 4-6months. Kinda crazy, but thats just another reason not to wait around on skin problems.

  • Author
Mom works for Dr. Zalla and Dr. Eisner. They are in the same office. If you don't have an immediate referal good luck getting before 4-6months. Kinda crazy, but thats just another reason not to wait around on skin problems.

 

You would think they would have available appointments for people who have concerns. I didn't put anything on hold, I noticed it and called. I will get a referral but 6 months is a tad to long to have to wait if you are worried about cancer. Basically u have to lie to get in. My GP said that they don't refer unless I say the mole has grown or hurts or changes colors. Well it just showed up and I want it checked. Is that fair?:idunno:

You would think they would have available appointments for people who have concerns. I didn't put anything on hold, I noticed it and called. I will get a referral but 6 months is a tad to long to have to wait if you are worried about cancer. Basically u have to lie to get in. My GP said that they don't refer unless I say the mole has grown or hurts or changes colors. Well it just showed up and I want it checked. Is that fair?:idunno:

 

 

Well it has grown then. If it wasn't there before, and now is, it has grown. You're not lying.

Well it has grown then. If it wasn't there before, and now is, it has grown. You're not lying.
You got it. Around ten years ago I had this happen. They got me in within two weeks, everything was good, and I just keep an eye on it.

Unless you have an HMO you shouldn't need a referral, but six months is a terribly long time to wait.

University Dermatologists in Ft Thomas - excellent!

My mom works for Hoppenjans....They're usually booked about 5-6 months in advance unless they have a referral or one of the employees can pencil ya in at a moment's notice.

WOW! I just called a dermatologist and they told me I have to wait 6 months before an opening. UMMM I have concerns, does that not count?

 

You would think they would have available appointments for people who have concerns. I didn't put anything on hold, I noticed it and called. I will get a referral but 6 months is a tad to long to have to wait if you are worried about cancer. Basically u have to lie to get in. My GP said that they don't refer unless I say the mole has grown or hurts or changes colors. Well it just showed up and I want it checked. Is that fair?:idunno:

 

This is why I hate dermatologist. I had an rash on my face and neck. The itching and swelling were unbarable. They told me 6 months and that was the best they could do. :irked::madman:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.