John Riek (UC or MISS ST???)

NKYBOY1487

I'm trying to figure that out myself...

What do you make of the following article and link:

Apparently, there is a great deal of confusion surrounding John Riek’s supposed commitment to MSU. Rivals reports that Riek signed a Letter of Intention, which is binding, on April 15 of this year. However, Scout reports that Riek has not signed with anyone, and the school never published any release regarding Riek.

http://sechoopsgoodbaddirty.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/john-riek-contraversy/

What do you make of the following article and link:

Apparently, there is a great deal of confusion surrounding John Riek’s supposed commitment to MSU. Rivals reports that Riek signed a Letter of Intention, which is binding, on April 15 of this year. However, Scout reports that Riek has not signed with anyone, and the school never published any release regarding Riek.

http://sechoopsgoodbaddirty.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/john-riek-contraversy/

You only get one signing period press release and UC was holding out to see what they could add to the class. I have been told by people inside the UC program that they have the LOI, so that's all I can go on there...

You only get one signing period press release and UC was holding out to see what they could add to the class. I have been told by people inside the UC program that they have the LOI, so that's all I can go on there...

Why was Rivals not updated when he signed on 4/15/09?

They still have his LOI signing date as 8/2/08.

I'm assuming (and hoping) when the dust settles, this will all just be a bunch of "he said, she said" non-sense from those who are supposedly "close to the program" on the MSU side.

How do other schools release their info when each player signs? Just like the Henrys to Kansas lately.:idunno:

That was their one official release...

Can there be unofficial releases? Seems like UK has had more than one news release on signees. What about another signing like Dodson, they announced it when it happened? Just asking here GT.

Can there be unofficial releases? Seems like UK has had more than one news release on signees. What about another signing like Dodson, they announced it when it happened? Just asking here GT.

The official release is typically the one that has direct quotes from the coach about each player. There can be other much more simplified releases that don't go into any detail other than the player has signed. In that regard it is head scratching that UC seems to have just sat on the paperwork...

Question for GT....

Did the improper benefits issue have anything to do with why UC walked away from Reik? I know there were questions surrounding his health, being able to handle course work, and being cleared by the NCAA, but did that play a part as well?