May 4, 200917 yr Isn't there a central repository at the NCAA for schools to check to see if a kid is under a LOI?
May 4, 200917 yr I'm trying to figure that out myself... What do you make of the following article and link: Apparently, there is a great deal of confusion surrounding John Riek’s supposed commitment to MSU. Rivals reports that Riek signed a Letter of Intention, which is binding, on April 15 of this year. However, Scout reports that Riek has not signed with anyone, and the school never published any release regarding Riek. http://sechoopsgoodbaddirty.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/john-riek-contraversy/
May 4, 200917 yr What do you make of the following article and link: Apparently, there is a great deal of confusion surrounding John Riek’s supposed commitment to MSU. Rivals reports that Riek signed a Letter of Intention, which is binding, on April 15 of this year. However, Scout reports that Riek has not signed with anyone, and the school never published any release regarding Riek. http://sechoopsgoodbaddirty.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/john-riek-contraversy/ You only get one signing period press release and UC was holding out to see what they could add to the class. I have been told by people inside the UC program that they have the LOI, so that's all I can go on there...
May 4, 200917 yr You only get one signing period press release and UC was holding out to see what they could add to the class. I have been told by people inside the UC program that they have the LOI, so that's all I can go on there... Why was Rivals not updated when he signed on 4/15/09? They still have his LOI signing date as 8/2/08. I'm assuming (and hoping) when the dust settles, this will all just be a bunch of "he said, she said" non-sense from those who are supposedly "close to the program" on the MSU side.
May 4, 200917 yr Why was Rivals not updated when he signed on 4/15/09? Because no press release was issued...
May 4, 200917 yr Because no press release was issued... Makes sense...keep us updated on what you hear.
May 4, 200917 yr You only get one signing period press release and UC was holding out to see what they could add to the class. I have been told by people inside the UC program that they have the LOI, so that's all I can go on there... How do other schools release their info when each player signs? Just like the Henrys to Kansas lately.:idunno:
May 4, 200917 yr How do other schools release their info when each player signs? Just like the Henrys to Kansas lately.:idunno: That was their one official release...
May 4, 200917 yr That was their one official release... Can there be unofficial releases? Seems like UK has had more than one news release on signees. What about another signing like Dodson, they announced it when it happened? Just asking here GT.
May 4, 200917 yr Can there be unofficial releases? Seems like UK has had more than one news release on signees. What about another signing like Dodson, they announced it when it happened? Just asking here GT. The official release is typically the one that has direct quotes from the coach about each player. There can be other much more simplified releases that don't go into any detail other than the player has signed. In that regard it is head scratching that UC seems to have just sat on the paperwork...
May 4, 200917 yr UC walked away from Riek. Too much baggage, and that's what put him back on the market. If he ever gets past the NCAA he will be at MSU...
May 4, 200917 yr Question for GT.... Did the improper benefits issue have anything to do with why UC walked away from Reik? I know there were questions surrounding his health, being able to handle course work, and being cleared by the NCAA, but did that play a part as well?
May 4, 200917 yr Everything I say keeps ending up on a free UC board, so I'm done commenting on the situation...
May 4, 200917 yr This cat had to much baggage the first go around. From his benefactor to grades to speaking the language. MSU will find a way to get him in.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.