Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Calipari Recruiting Trail...

Featured Replies

Thought I would start this thread so we don't have to keep opening threads just when rumors are heard. If something is closer to being official, then we should probably make the thread.

 

-- Onto the news.

 

Looks like Cal is off to meet with Brandon Knight for 2010...

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knight would be a huge signing. Not only would he be a great replacement if Wall comes and is one and done, but would be a huge sign if we are unable to land Wall. However, at this time there is plenty more good suitors for Knights services.

  • Author
Knight would be a huge signing. Not only would he be a great replacement if Wall comes and is one and done, but would be a huge sign if we are unable to land Wall. However, at this time there is plenty more good suitors for Knights services.

 

Kentucky is looking at a HUGE, HUGE class for 2010.

Kentucky is looking at a HUGE, HUGE class for 2010.

 

A class of Knight, Barnes, Fergsuon, and Jackson would be incredible and it is also very possible.

A class of Knight, Barnes, Fergsuon, and Jackson would be incredible and it is also very possible.

 

Very possible as we would have numerous scholarships available.

 

Stephenson, Harris, Meeks, Galloway will all graduate and I'm sure Patterson will leave also after next year if not this year so that will be a total of 5 scholarships available.

 

Am I missing anybody?

 

Also if Wall comes and leaves after one year that will leave us with 6...

  • Author
Very possible as we would have numerous scholarships available.

 

Stephenson, Harris, Meeks, Galloway will all graduate and I'm sure Patterson will leave also after next year if not this year so that will be a total of 5 scholarships available.

 

Am I missing anybody?

 

Also if Wall comes and leaves after one year that will leave us with 6...

 

I think it is safe to assume that Cousins will be gone next year, but it's not 100% certain.

What state is Knight from? Last I read, Calipari is headed to Bama.

  • Author
What state is Knight from? Last I read, Calipari is headed to Bama.

 

Florida.

 

He has already visited Bledsoe in Bama today.

I think it is safe to assume that Cousins will be gone next year, but it's not 100% certain.

 

Agreed. I've read conflicting reports about Cousins and whether or not he would be a one-and-done so its just one of those wait and see type of situations.

 

Either way 5-7 scholarships will be available next year so Calipari will have his work cut out for him in trying to fill our needs. If he keeps this type of work up, we could potentially see great things from the 2010 class...

Pulled this from the Henry thread, thought this would be a good spot for it and some discussion.

 

I think Cal moves on to possibly going after Memphis-recruit Darnell Dodson now.

He also may be selling Bledsoe on UK even with Wall.

Who knows, soon it will all be on to 2010 kids.

 

 

 

The further this goes on the more and more it is looking like UK's roster will look more of the same (in terms of Orton and Hood already being committed to UK anyway). What I am interested in is Dodson. Rivals has him as a four star for the 09' class, and I am aware he is the kid from Miami everyone was talking about during the whole Calipari to UK saga. But my question is, why isn't he ranked? And is he still locked up to Memphis? The guy averaged 30 points as a senior in high school and is listed as a 6'7'' wing. Could be a nice little sleeper move to bring someone like this in, would certainly help depth. What else is there to know about Dodson? Is it even likely he may have anything to do with Kentucky?

 

 

 

Other than his name reamerging, Wall, Bledsoe, and perhaps Dennis are the only players I see left that could end up in the UK picture. Dennis appears to hae eliminated UK, but with the Henry thing playing out in his favor, then who knows. Furthermore, Lativious Williams is highly unlikely to qualify so there goes him.

 

 

None-the-less next years Kentucky team will look good no matter if we sign anyone else or not. I feel good about Liggins or Galloway running the point in this system and with a coach who doesn't sacrifice them. Finally Patterson will have help inside, something he has needed for two years now, and something Kentucky has needed for a really long time. I know college basketball is all about guard play but when it comes to the bigs Kentucky now will be tough to beat with a rotation of Patterson, Cousins, Orton, and Pilgrim.

  • Author
Pulled this from the Henry thread, thought this would be a good spot for it and some discussion.

 

 

 

 

 

The further this goes on the more and more it is looking like UK's roster will look more of the same (in terms of Orton and Hood already being committed to UK anyway). What I am interested in is Dodson. Rivals has him as a four star for the 09' class, and I am aware he is the kid from Miami everyone was talking about during the whole Calipari to UK saga. But my question is, why isn't he ranked? And is he still locked up to Memphis? The guy averaged 30 points as a senior in high school and is listed as a 6'7'' wing. Could be a nice little sleeper move to bring someone like this in, would certainly help depth. What else is there to know about Dodson? Is it even likely he may have anything to do with Kentucky?

 

 

 

Other than his name reamerging, Wall, Bledsoe, and perhaps Dennis are the only players I see left that could end up in the UK picture. Dennis appears to hae eliminated UK, but with the Henry thing playing out in his favor, then who knows. Furthermore, Lativious Williams is highly unlikely to qualify so there goes him.

 

 

None-the-less next years Kentucky team will look good no matter if we sign anyone else or not. I feel good about Liggins or Galloway running the point in this system and with a coach who doesn't sacrifice them. Finally Patterson will have help inside, something he has needed for two years now, and something Kentucky has needed for a really long time. I know college basketball is all about guard play but when it comes to the bigs Kentucky now will be tough to beat with a rotation of Patterson, Cousins, Orton, and Pilgrim.

 

Dennis won't be at Kentucky this year, next year, or ever.

 

I think Cal is trying to sell playing with Wall at Kentucky to Bledsoe. Will it work? I don't know. Bledsoe wants to play at Kentucky, but he wants to be wanted. He doesn't want to come just because they failed to get Wall.

 

Memphis is trying to get all over Williams, and if he qualifies, which may be hard, he will be a Tiger. Williams does a little bit of everything. He could be a very good player for Pastner.

 

Wall has been and is still priority numero uno.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Ricado Johnson thrown in the mix. But yeah, I'm a little bias.

Dennis won't be at Kentucky this year, next year, or ever.

 

I think Cal is trying to sell playing with Wall at Kentucky to Bledsoe. Will it work? I don't know. Bledsoe wants to play at Kentucky, but he wants to be wanted. He doesn't want to come just because they failed to get Wall.

 

Memphis is trying to get all over Williams, and if he qualifies, which may be hard, he will be a Tiger. Williams does a little bit of everything. He could be a very good player for Pastner.

 

Wall has been and is still priority numero uno.

 

 

All of this I already know. I am more interested in hearing something about Dodson? You got anything about that?

  • Author
All of this I already know. I am more interested in hearing something about Dodson? You got anything about that?

 

That he really likes Cal and would like to play for Cal. He would ask out of his letter at Memphis if he knew he could turn around and commit to Kentucky. However, it isn't certain that Cal would take him assuming there are other players available.

 

But... Cal can't directly talk to Dodson since he is still signed with Memphis.

 

Moreover, things seem to be heating up with Dodson to Kentucky.

Dennis won't be at Kentucky this year, next year, or ever.

 

I think Cal is trying to sell playing with Wall at Kentucky to Bledsoe. Will it work? I don't know. Bledsoe wants to play at Kentucky, but he wants to be wanted. He doesn't want to come just because they failed to get Wall.

 

Memphis is trying to get all over Williams, and if he qualifies, which may be hard, he will be a Tiger. Williams does a little bit of everything. He could be a very good player for Pastner.

 

Wall has been and is still priority numero uno.

 

 

 

Still 100% sure Wall's coming to Kentucky huh?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.