Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Stansbury???

Featured Replies

If this thread gets closed I understand...:thumb:

 

What about Rick Stansbury???

If anyone can find a reason why not to go after this guy please elaborate...Could this guy be the diamond in the rough?

 

In my opinion this guy would be next coming of a Legend at UK...

(As mentioned in another thread of a Legend in UK History)

 

He is definitely a better choice than Ford...IMO of course...

Rick Stansbury?

 

What has he done to prove himself as a top coach?

:isurrender:

Taking over the helm as the Bulldogs head coach in 1998, Stansbury led his team to post-season tournament play eight times in ten seasons (five NCAA and three NIT tournaments), with five consecutive post-season tournament appearances, the first MSU basketball coach in history to accomplish this feat. His 2001-02 MSU team compiled the most wins in a single season in school history (27), winning the SEC tournament championship. His teams won the SEC West crown in the 2002-03, 2003-04, 2006-07, and 2007-08 seasons, with the 2003-04 squad winning the overall SEC regular season championship outright. Stansbury also owns MSU's record for consecutive 20-win seasons with four from 2002-06.

 

Still not a "top coach" though...

I agree that this may be a better option than Ford, and I also like Stallings at Vanderbilt. These hires aren't sexy enough though.

  • Author
Rick Stansbury?

 

What has he done to prove himself as a top coach?

 

Here you go read for yourself...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Stansbury

 

The reason I bring this up is because I was listening to WLAP 630...This morning and a caller called in and brought up Stansbury...It made alot of since to me...He is a great recruiter and He is second in the SEC since the year 2000 in wins against the SEC...Only behind Florida...He Understands UK basketball...Him being a KY native...He understands what is in store for him...I just feel this guy would bring Success...I could be wrong...Guys like Mitch were wrong and they are getting paid...Like I said this is just My opinion...:thumb:

  • Author
Taking over the helm as the Bulldogs head coach in 1998, Stansbury led his team to post-season tournament play eight times in ten seasons (five NCAA and three NIT tournaments), with five consecutive post-season tournament appearances, the first MSU basketball coach in history to accomplish this feat. His 2001-02 MSU team compiled the most wins in a single season in school history (27), winning the SEC tournament championship. His teams won the SEC West crown in the 2002-03, 2003-04, 2006-07, and 2007-08 seasons, with the 2003-04 squad winning the overall SEC regular season championship outright. Stansbury also owns MSU's record for consecutive 20-win seasons with four from 2002-06.

 

Still not a "top coach" though...

 

Thank You...I can agree with a Tar Heel for once...:thumb:

Rick is also a Ky guy, played high school and college ball in Ky.

 

He is 2nd tier, but ahead of Ford, IMO.

Rick is also a Ky guy, played high school and college ball in Ky.

 

He is 2nd tier, but ahead of Ford, IMO.

 

2nd tier is very generous.

  • Author
Rick is also a Ky guy, played high school and college ball in Ky.

 

He is 2nd tier, but ahead of Ford, IMO.

 

I agree...Who would be a better choice?That's my question...:confused:

  • Author

If Cal is the answer...I can live with that...Believe it or not...I thought He would be great Hire when Pitino left...That was before BGP...:D

I was told by my father that Rick told him he could not not coach at UK because of the pressure of the fans. A very good source. Trust me!

  • Author
I was told by my father that Rick told him he could not not coach at UK because of the pressure of the fans. A very good source. Trust me!

 

I can believe that....Thanks for the Info....

 

At the same time...I think Stansbury is the kind of guy that Salivettes on moving to that level and has run out of space...Just my opinion...

He is not what they are willing to place their jobs on at this time.

Good coach, not a "home run" though.

  • Author
He is not what they are willing to place their jobs on at this time.

Good coach, not a "home run" though.

 

Then who is a Home Run?...

And just because they are a Top pick that doesn't mean anything until they prove it...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.