Need advice from NKY/Cinn. area on hotels

Xtiger69

I plan on going to the UK/Miami football game Sept.5th and would like some advice on a hotels. I would like to be able to walk to the game,(a long walk is OK) restaurants & bars. Either side of the river is fine with me. What would you recommend?

I plan on going to the UK/Miami football game Sept.5th and would like some advice on a hotels. I would like to be able to walk to the game,(a long walk is OK) restaurants & bars. Either side of the river is fine with me. What would you recommend?
I personally like the KY side of the river a lot better.

Newport on the Levee is the popular choice these days for most out-of-towners, but Covington's MainStrasse Village is a good choice as well, and within easy walking distance of PBS. Actually, it's an easier walk than it is from Newport.

Newport on the Levee is the popular choice these days for most out-of-towners, but Covington's MainStrasse Village is a good choice as well, and within easy walking distance of PBS. Actually, it's an easier walk than it is from Newport.

Hotel near by?

There are 4 hotels in Covington just across the bridge from the stadiums, one is the Raddison, and another is a Holiday Inn, and possibly an Extended Stay? I'll check next time im crossing the river on the names. All are within walking distance, All of these hotels would be lower in cost Vs the downtown Cincy hotels.

The Raddison is on 5th street, and the other three are on 3rd, which is misleading as the first street along the river on that part of Covington is 3rd street. There are a couple of more hotels next to the Suspension Bridge.

This is also one on Crescent Ave in Covington, which is about a block west than the first 4 listed, not sure of the name of that one either.

As has been said above, Newport On The Levee is the entertainment area that is a must see, Hofbrau Haus is highly recommended, im not sure of the times they run but there is a shuttle that runs from around 3rd/5th street in Covington over to the Levee area then to downtown Cincy before circling back to Covington. The Levee is about a $7 cab ride away, so not too far or much.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

There are 4 hotels in Covington just across the bridge from the stadiums, one is the Raddison, and another is a Holiday Inn, and possibly an Extended Stay? I'll check next time im crossing the river on the names. All are within walking distance, All of these hotels would be lower in cost Vs the downtown Cincy hotels.

Thanks please check out the names.

Thanks please check out the names.

He's correct on the names. You also have the Embassy and Marriot down by the suspension bridge in Covington.

For the Covington hotels, you within walking distance to Mainstrasse which has plenty of restaurants and bars.

Downtown, you have the Hyatt, Westin, Cincinnatian, Four Points, and Millenium, along with a couple more a few block further north. All are within walking distance of the stadium and restaurants (Rock Bottom, Cadillac Ranch, etc).

Ok, near the Main Strasse area just off of the I-71/75 bridge the hotels are the Raddison on 5th street, and on 3rd you have Holiday Inn, Extended Stay and Courtyard, and of course as Nees1212 mentioned the Embassy and Marriott are next to the suspension bridge. I still can't think of the one just west of the I-71/75 bridge on Crescent.

If you stay on the Ohio side I would recommend the Cincinnatian Hotel.

Ok, near the Main Strasse area just off of the I-71/75 bridge the hotels are the Raddison on 5th street, and on 3rd you have Holiday Inn, Extended Stay and Courtyard, and of course as Nees1212 mentioned the Embassy and Marriott are next to the suspension bridge. I still can't think of the one just west of the I-71/75 bridge on Crescent.

I think I'd stay away from that one, if I had the choice.