Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RPI & Sagarin Bracket Breakdown

Featured Replies

  • Author
How do I figure? Pretty easily really. When you look at the #2 seeds, Michigan State is worse than Memphis, Duke, or Oklahoma. The #3s, Missouri, Villanova, & Syracuse are better than Kansas.

 

I'll take the East or South over the Midwest.

 

Your just giving opinion. I've got the statistics to prove my opinion.

 

Not only that, UofL has to play OSU in their backyard, assuming OSU wins. How in the world should an 8 seed get a home court advantage.

 

Something else strange is the play-in game winner will of had the advantage of getting a game in Dayton. It shouldn't matter, but still bad seeding IMO.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your just giving opinion. I've got the statistics to prove my opinion.

 

Not only that, UofL has to play OSU in their backyard, assuming OSU wins. How in the world should an 8 seed get a home court advantage.

 

Something else strange is the play-in game winner will of had the advantage of getting a game in Dayton. It shouldn't matter, but still bad seeding IMO.

 

I don't think your argument holds any water. Wake is very young, as is Kansas, Michigan State isn't very good, IMO....U of L should be in Detroit, I am really hoping they will be.

  • Author
How can U of L fans complain about not being more than two hours from home....these are home games for the Cards.....gut up, and win 4.

 

Read post #4, not complaining. But being the number one overall seed should allow them to have some sort of advantage. The committee rewarded them with their locations, instead of their competion.

 

Don't know if OSU in Dayton is a home game for UofL...

  • Author
I don't think your argument holds any water. Wake is very young, as is Kansas, Michigan State isn't very good, IMO....U of L should be in Detroit, I am really hoping they will be.

 

How does it not hold water? Kansas won the Big 12, MSU won the Big Ten, Wake was a frontrunner all season long. I would much rather see any of the other 4's, from a talent and potential viewpoint.

How does it not hold water? Kansas won the Big 12, MSU won the Big Ten, Wake was a frontrunner all season long. I would much rather see any of the other 4's, from a talent and potential viewpoint.

 

 

Michigan State won the Big Ten, but that doesn't mean they are as good as the other #2's. Which of the other 2's would you rather have in UofL's bracket? How about the 3's?

  • Author
Michigan State won the Big Ten, but that doesn't mean they are as good as the other #2's. Which of the other 2's would you rather have in UofL's bracket? How about the 3's?

 

Oklahoma- I said that all year, they are a not a good match-up for UofL.

Memphis- :banana:

 

Duke would be a tough match for UofL, they play a similar style...

 

Oklahoma did not win the big 12, KU did. KU is a 3 in UofL's bracket. Memphis won their JV tourney. So I guess MSU would of been my third option.

 

As far as the 3's go:

 

UofL beat Syracuse twice

UofL beat Nova twice

Mizzou doesn't scare me at all. KU would be the top 3 seed here IMO.

 

At the end of the day, you just got to beat who is in front of you and advance...

They always put the play in game in Dayton and the opening round game for that team as close as they can.

:cry:

 

Michigan State is the worst #2, Kansas isn't a scary #3 either and Wake is the best #4.

No, it shows me that they weigh UofL getting to play at Dayton and Indy more than they do the actual competition.

 

Are you kidding?

  • Author
Are you kidding?

 

No.

I think people get too obsessed with seeding. You have to win 6 games no matter the seed, and eventually you will have to play some really good teams on the way.

  • Author
I think people get too abscessed with seeding. You have to win 6 games no matter the seed, and eventually you will have to play some really good teams on the way.

 

You are correct, just thought it was interesting to break it down...

 

There isn't an easy path...:taz:

No.

 

Oklahoma, Duke and Memphis > Michigan St

 

Syracuse and Villanova > Kansas (Mizzou is not)

 

Louisville should have just as many fans in Dayton as OSU, that shouldn't be an issue. I would be very pleased with the draw if I were UL.

  • Author
Oklahoma, Duke and Memphis > Michigan St

 

Syracuse and Villanova > Kansas (Mizzou is not)

 

Louisville should have just as many fans in Dayton as OSU, that shouldn't be an issue. I would be very pleased with the draw if I were UL.

 

That's your opinion. Mine is different.:idunno:

 

I hope you are right though...

I think people get too obsessed with seeding. You have to win 6 games no matter the seed, and eventually you will have to play some really good teams on the way.

 

..is supposed to say obsessed, not abscessed. :cool:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.