Newport Central Catholic 51 Highlands 45 36th District Championship

NCC06

So, here's what we got

WINNERS LOSERS

33 Boone Ryle

34 St. Henry Ludlow

35 NDA Holmes

36 NewCath Highlands

Boone has a 33% chance of drawing Highlands, giving us that rare situation where perhaps the two best teams play in the first round. NCC has a 33% chance of drawing Ryle, a team that beat them. NCC could have to win 3 tough games to win the region if they draw Ryle. I'd be shocked if one of these four did not win it.

First of all, congratulations to NC on a fine win. What impressed me about NC wasn’t their X’s and O’s but rather their unselfishness. Sandfoss didn’t have a ton of points, but did a great ball distributing the ball to her teammates. If I were Highlands’s Coach during the next practice there wouldn’t be one ball bounced or one sneaker hit the gym floor. The two or three hours would consist of explaining to my team the importance of putting the success of the team above all else. That selfishness is a cancer that can destroy even the most talented teams. When Highland's head coach played she could literally carry a team on her back. Though there are very good players on this Highlands team there don't appear to be any of her caliber. Come out on Monday or Tuesday with the same mentality and they will go home regardless of who they play.