Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kellen Winslow traded to Bucs....

Featured Replies

This is what I am getting at. I understand the Browns are not a good team, there is no getting around that... and K2 was our best receiver... but, its not like the Browns were gonna compete this year, so why not get extra picks to fill the MANY holes this team has and prepare for the future? TE is one of the few positions where Cleveland has several serviceable players with Heiden being a real solid player.. good hands and good blocker and Rucker being a young guy touted as being a good receiver. We'll see how things work out, but we werent going to compete, so why not get draft picks?

 

As for #4, our corners did look pretty bad last year but I am undecided as to whether that is a complete lack of coverage skills or the fact that we had NO pass rush at all (or a combo of both). The whole defensive backfield looked crappy last year and there is no doubt in my mind that if we had some rushers off the edge that this area would improve atleast a little.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This link says they are working on a new deal for Winslow. He'll probably get paid well, considering Tampa has plenty of cap room.

 

LINK

Plenty of cap room, but no cash for signing bonuses. That's why you won't see them sign any big name free agents. Any contract extension Winslow may get will have little or no cash up front.

Cleveland got a 2nd this year and a 5th next year

Does Tampa have a solid QB??? I would think No.
And I would agree. Luke McCown has already been named the #1 going into mini camp season. :cry:
This is what I am getting at. I understand the Browns are not a good team, there is no getting around that... and K2 was our best receiver... but, its not like the Browns were gonna compete this year, so why not get extra picks to fill the MANY holes this team has and prepare for the future? TE is one of the few positions where Cleveland has several serviceable players with Heiden being a real solid player.. good hands and good blocker and Rucker being a young guy touted as being a good receiver. We'll see how things work out, but we werent going to compete, so why not get draft picks?

 

As for #4, our corners did look pretty bad last year but I am undecided as to whether that is a complete lack of coverage skills or the fact that we had NO pass rush at all (or a combo of both). The whole defensive backfield looked crappy last year and there is no doubt in my mind that if we had some rushers off the edge that this area would improve atleast a little.

 

I'm with you on not really competing next year. I understand what you are saying with draft picks but they really didn't get much. They won't get much more talent out of a #2 and I don't think you can bank on a 5. I guess it all depends on how the picks come out. I just get irked when so much pressure is put on young QB's and management throws them to the wolves by not surrounding them with any weapons. I like Quinn but I'm afraid they are throwing him into a situation much like:

D Carr, Alex Smith etc. If I'm going to throw my top pick at a QB then I'm going to have him tools in place or be like Atl and go get the best free agent RB I can get to take some pressure off.

I'm not knocking you because I understand your side. I just think they are putting an awful lot on Quinn. 1 weapon and that one struggled a lot this year. That seems like the makings of ruining another young QB's career to me. That's the point I'm trying to make. The draft this year will tell a lot. I think they have to get better at corner and like you said a pass rusher. It's hard to get weapons on offense with those needs because most of the league needs pass rushers + corners. L. Sheppard would have been a good get for them or C. McCalister.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.