Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Christian Academy 74 Christian Academy-Louisville 39

Featured Replies

Per the KHSAA scoreboard. How in the world did this happen? Someone please explain! :eek::scared:

Wow there must a huge difference between the #5 and #6 teams. This should never happen to Lexington Christian with having 3 very good D1 players. I don't know too much about Louisville Christian Academy but they must be a very good team. But 35 points just baffles me.

Just for the record, it's Christian Academy of Louisville (CAL for short).

 

Nobody in metro Louisville calls them Louisville Christian Academy... :ohbrother:

If you click on each team's schedule, the scoreboard shows each team winning 74-39.

 

Strange... Anyone able to confirm the score either way?

Score is definitely wrong. LCA drubbed CAL.

If a moderator could please fix the score, Lexington Christian beat Christian Academy of Louisville 74-39. I'll provide a few details in this thread or a new one.

Edited by CAL4ALL
edit: punctuation

If a moderator could please fix the score, Lexington Christian beat Christian Academy of Louisville 74-39. I'll provide a few details in this thread or a new one.

 

I hope you're right. My reputation is on the line here...:D

I hope you're right. My reputation is on the line here...:D

 

Thanks for the fix, even if I'd like to have seen the score reversed as a CAL fan :thumb:, but you've got to take the lumps along with the gravy.

 

Lexington Christian's Lady Eagles found Christian Academy's Lady Centurions to be easy prey after the 1st quarter, soaring to a 35-point victory.

 

Why such a large margin? The ingredients were all in the mix. LCA at home, the state's hottest team on their Senior Night; CAL with illness, injury, impatience on offense, and frustration due to the officials allowing a very physical game without calling many fouls on either team. Although CAL jumped out to a 19-15 lead in the first quarter due to Clair Buchanan's 3-point shooting, the girls ran out of energy after the first five minutes and LCA took full advantage as a top team should do.

 

I only kept stats for CAL tonight, but I believe LCA's Martin had 24. LCA outscored CAL 22-8 in the 2nd quarter and 37-12 in the 2nd half.

 

Knowing CAL's current illness/injury situation, with most players able to play, but only for short spurts, I dreaded this game all week. Once LCA targeted Buchanan on defense and let the inside players battle it out without calling fouls (usually called much tighter in the 7th region), the game quickly became lopsided. CAL's offensive impatience (often one pass and shoot) made it simple for the Lady Eagles and the fatigue caused things to often resemble a game of two-on-five with only Buchanan and one or two fresh players of the moment.

 

All things considered, CAL wouldn't have stood a chance against LCA's onslaught tonight regardless of the game site. However, they now have some time to rest and recover, forget this game, and focus on districts and regionals where every team starts with a 0-0 record. Hopefully, their confidence already exists, having already defeated several top ten teams (Elizabethtown, Manual, Mercy, and Montgomery County) this season to reach 20-4.

 

For Lexington Christian, they continue to roll with the primary danger being overconfidence, and a potential secondary issue with tighter officiating at some venues not allowing them the same freedom. Right now, they're the best team I've seen at this point of the season, but on any given night...

Right now, an Iroquois-LCA matchup would look very interesting...

^ Unstoppable force meets immovable object?

I have always thought that 11th region officials allow more physical play in general. It helps 11th region teams in the state tourney because you can adjust to a ticky tack game but it is very hard to adjust to a very physical game.

I have always thought that 11th region officials allow more physical play in general. It helps 11th region teams in the state tourney because you can adjust to a ticky tack game but it is very hard to adjust to a very physical game.

 

Perhaps, but I've also seen this backfire in the Sweet 16 when key players don't adjust and get into foul trouble.

 

Please know that I'm not talking about "ticky tack" fouls. A glance at CAL's schedule shows that they have played in frequent physical games, including the Republic Bank Holiday Classic in the 11th region. In this game, there were only two Lexington Christian fouls and four CAL fouls in the whole first half. I understand that fouls may be lower due to a focus on outside shooting, but both teams were hacking on the interior and in transition to stop easy shots without anything being called. It wouldn't have changed the outcome, though the margin may or may not have been reduced as it caused a physically depleted CAL to burn out more quickly. They finally started calling more in the 4th quarter when things had been decided long ago.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.