Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 55 Ludlow 53

Featured Replies

Dayton hands Ludlow their first DIII conference loss in 2 years. A great game... An interesting ending.

 

Ludlow got possesion with 14 seconds in a tie game, and the Daughtery girl fell to the floor pretty cleanly with the ball, and the official called a walk. I didn't see much that was debatable about it. After Dayton called a time out, Ludlow's coach was irate and stepped out onto the court a few feet pointing and screaming at the official that made the call. All of a sudden boom... T'd. I couldn't believe it. Only thing I can think is that he must have said one of the "magic words."

 

Regardless, this win is a great accomplishment for the Dayton girls team. Not often do you get chances to get wins like this. Ludlow had a great run with their big girls but Dayton didn't back down tonight and they should be proud...

The Dayton girls got a lot of talent 8th grade up they should be good for a few years

The Dayton girls got a lot of talent 8th grade up they should be good for a few years

 

Are they going to be the new "Ludlow"?

The Dayton girls got a lot of talent 8th grade up they should be good for a few years

 

Congrats to Dayton!!!!

Have to question Ludlow's coach getting on the ref at the end and getting a technical when he could have just let it go in O.T. But I can see him stepping out on the floor and getting one. Probably didn't give the ref a choice except to T him up. Congrats to Dayton.

Are they going to be the new "Ludlow"?

 

I think so.Well hope so:jump:

  • Author
Are they going to be the new "Ludlow"?

 

They have lot of talent from 7th grade on up. But they play a different brand of basketball than Ludlow has. They don't rely on size as much. Don't really have any real tall girls in the whole thing 7 to the top, except the Lukens girl who could probably hold her own in JV ball right now as a 7th grader, but she isn't as much taller than everyone as she is stronger.

 

But the past few years I know that the current freshmen class played in a lot of tournaments versus anyone and everyone and had reasonable success against everyone including Highlands, etc. I don't know if they can keep up that pace but they have a very reasonable shot to have a run of a few DIII crown in a row. It was a freshman, the Kilburn girl, who stepped up and made 1 out of two for the Technical shots with the game tied with 7 seconds left.

 

If you count that with a solid junior group coming back they wll probably be in dogfight for conference next year with Villa, and Ludlow isn't going to go away. It should be noted I guess that Ludlow won the JV game.

I know the past few years, Dayton has had a lot of coaching turnover. Looks like the new coach has them heading in the right direction. Is Coach Clifton in it for the long haul?

  • Author

I would assume that since the game was at Ludlow, it would be their responsibility to call in the score to the newspaper. It wasn't called in... Not making any accusations here or anything, but I'm fairly sure that if it was Ludlow that pulled this game out it would've been called into the paper... Just saying...:idunno:

  • Author
I know the past few years, Dayton has had a lot of coaching turnover. Looks like the new coach has them heading in the right direction. Is Coach Clifton in it for the long haul?

 

Seems like it... He's a young guy with Dayton roots...

I certainly wouldn't count Ludlow out in the near future just because they graduate a lot of talent. I believe they start a youngster on the varsity at guard. They have a talented guard on the JV squad that shoots really well.

 

I will agree that Dayton has some young talent. #23 for Dayton has the ability to shoot from the outside and shoot and score off the dribble.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.