KY High School Spring Football

bluekyblue

I would like to see Spring Practice allow incoming freshmen (8th graders) to participate. This would allow coaches to evaluate the new talent and allow the players to be introduced to terminology and so on. Also it would increase #s. I would also hope that no coach would bang his freshmen against older kids in drills or live scrimmage situations.

:thumb:

I know they can come to the Highschool for weightlifting, but I also, would like to see them be able to participate. It would give the Freshman coach an opportunity to see what kind of numbers they are going to have and also work on the basics.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't weightlifting/conditioning be going on all winter not just during this two week window?

They have been lifting since the Monday after the State game. Actually, they have been lifting since they were entering Freshmen year. It never stops. Incoming Freshmen can begin lifting in March once they have been accepted into the School and paid pre-registration fee's. If you plan on playing Football, it's highly recommended that you attend these sessions.