Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Tourney Advantages/Disadvantages of playing on a college court!!

Featured Replies

Thought this might be an interesting topic and wanted to get others thoughts and opinions.

Its a longer floor to play on and what i saw at the All A Classic was that they further 3 point line throws players off, even though the line they will be playing from is the inside line. Many players at the All A would shoot way beyond the men's college line and come up short, I think that is the biggest disadvantage.

Is Holmes the only school in nky that plays on a college size court?

 

I want to say Conner does as well but I'm not sure.

  • Author
Is Holmes the only school in nky that plays on a college size court?

 

I want to say Conner does as well but I'm not sure.

I would check on that because I believe Holmes is only 84' and not 94' like in college.

Its a longer floor to play on and what i saw at the All A Classic was that they further 3 point line throws players off, even though the line they will be playing from is the inside line. Many players at the All A would shoot way beyond the men's college line and come up short, I think that is the biggest disadvantage.

 

But that disadvantage will turn into an advantage when they play at Rupp as the winner of of the 9/10 will have played a couple of games on it!

 

Another disadvantage will be the distance behind the baskets to shoot at, but again when they play at Rupp again it will turn into a advantage.

 

For the players, I just can't see a disadvantage on playing on a college floor prior to playing at Rupp....

I would check on that because I believe Holmes is only 84' and not 94' like in college.

 

I believe their court is a college size court. How long is Covcath, Dixie, Scott, Holy Cross, etc? I know Holmes' court is longer than theirs. Not sure where I'd check though.

  • Author
I believe their court is a college size court. How long is Covcath, Dixie, Scott, Holy Cross, etc? I know Holmes' court is longer than theirs. Not sure where I'd check though.

Walk it off tonight and see how many paces, roughly 28 would be 84' and a little over 31 would be 94'.

Walk it off tonight and see how many paces, roughly 28 would be 84' and a little over 31 would be 94'.

 

I'll just ask Ron Madrick. I'm sure I'll talk to him at some point. :thumb:

But that disadvantage will turn into an advantage when they play at Rupp as the winner of of the 9/10 will have played a couple of games on it!

 

Another disadvantage will be the distance behind the baskets to shoot at, but again when they play at Rupp again it will turn into a advantage.

 

For the players, I just can't see a disadvantage on playing on a college floor prior to playing at Rupp....

 

:thumb:

  • Author
But that disadvantage will turn into an advantage when they play at Rupp as the winner of of the 9/10 will have played a couple of games on it!

 

Another disadvantage will be the distance behind the baskets to shoot at, but again when they play at Rupp again it will turn into a advantage.

 

For the players, I just can't see a disadvantage on playing on a college floor prior to playing at Rupp....

All good points. Any thoughts as to what advantages/disadvantages there might be to the various teams that make it to the regional on playing on a bigger court?

Not sure where I'd check though.

 

 

Get a tape measure, lol. Im sure it's 84 feet too.

Get a tape measure, lol. Im sure it's 84 feet too.

 

I'll just take your word for it. :thumb:

I'll just take your word for it. :thumb:

 

No, I want to see you out there on the court measuring it, it should be interesting. :D:lol:

 

One of the complaints throughout the years is that the 9th region teams never played in a building with the distance behind the basket at Rupp, like most college courts. If im not mistaken I think in the past a few 9th region winners went over to UC or X and got some practice time in before heading to Rupp. Now the winner of the 9th doesn't have to worry about it.

No, I want to see you out there on the court measuring it, it should be interesting. :D:lol:

 

One of the complaints throughout the years is that the 9th region teams never played in a building with the distance behind the basket at Rupp, like most college courts. If im not mistaken I think in the past a few 9th region winners went over to UC or X and got some practice time in before heading to Rupp. Now the winner of the 9th doesn't have to worry about it.

 

No way man. :lol:

 

I agree though that it will be an advantage having the 9th region played in a college building.

Willl the teams that play in the region be given a chance to have a practice session there? I know in the 16th region, teams are given at least one practice session at Morehead State.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.