Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier 83 Temple 74

Featured Replies

Redford can flat out shoot the ball. I was joking around with my two X guys over the summer that when a 3 leaves his hand it's as likely to go in as a layup. I fugured he'd have a ton of problems on D, but they are hiding him pretty well when he's in.

 

X also did a great job defending Christmas. Some others for Temple had good nights as a result, but if you lock him down they can't win a big game on the road...

 

I thought the same thing at the beginning of the year. I thought it'd be impossible to get him minutes because he'd be such a liability defensively. However, it's amazing how hard this kid has worked on his defense and like you said they've hid him well. He really hasn't hurt them much when he's been in there, and the offensive boost he provides more than outweighs any negatives his defense brings. When him and Raymond are both on.... wow X is tough.

X can play... no doubt about it. You can be a cinderella and fluke your way to the Elite Eight... but if you do it again four years later, that's just a solid program.

 

I watched most of this one tonight. There's also no doubt that Dionte Christmas can play. X is the class of the A-10 with St. Joe's, Temple and Dayton fighting for the No. 2 spot. Rhode Island is probably going to do something annoying down the stretch as well.

 

Should be a fun one on Wednesday in Dayton...

I'm an X fan and love to see them do well, but watching A-10 games is boring. It is simply a bad conference and X faces very little meaningful competition in conference play. I believe A-10 is only the 10th rated conference in the country (2 spots below CUSA). A-10 teams are 11-44 against top 50 opponents and 4 of those 11 wins are by X. I give credit to X for a solid out-of-conference schedule however.

I'm an X fan and love to see them do well, but watching A-10 games is boring. It is simply a bad conference and X faces very little meaningful competition in conference play. I believe A-10 is only the 10th rated conference in the country (2 spots below CUSA). A-10 teams are 11-44 against top 50 opponents and 4 of those 11 wins are by X. I give credit to X for a solid out-of-conference schedule however.

 

While the X administration might not publicly admit that the conference is "weak" I do believe that they took that into account when setting up their OOC. I'm pretty sure its a strong OOC next year as well.

While the X administration might not publicly admit that the conference is "weak" I do believe that they took that into account when setting up their OOC. I'm pretty sure its a strong OOC next year as well.

No different than what Gonzaga and Memphis St do...

  • Author
No different than what Gonzaga and Memphis St do...

 

I would like to see Gonzaga, Memphis and Xavier get some deal together where they rotate playing each other.

 

2009-2010 Gonzaga @ Xavier

2010-2011 Memphis @ Gonzaga

2011-2012 Xavier @ Memphis

 

...or something like that.

I would like to see Gonzaga, Memphis and Xavier get some deal together where they rotate playing each other.

 

2009-2010 Gonzaga @ Xavier

2010-2011 Memphis @ Gonzaga

2011-2012 Xavier @ Memphis

 

...or something like that.

 

Xavier needs to find a way to schedule them both every year. I think they would both do it too.

No different than what Gonzaga and Memphis St do...

 

Exact same. And credit to Xavier for doing that. But it (weak conference) explains why there really isn't much interest in these A-10 games. X is almost single-handedly carrying the A-10 these days. Look at the teams left in CUSA. Does anyone really give a crud when Memphis plays UCF, Houston, East Carolina, Rice, etc...?

Xavier needs to find a way to schedule them both every year. I think they would both do it too.

 

Or find a few more quality teams and start their own conference. :D

No different than what Gonzaga and Memphis St do...

 

Agreed.

Edited by Clyde

Or find a few more quality teams and start their own conference. :D

 

I don't know about that, but when the next major conference reshuffling happens, you can bet that X will be in the mix.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.