Raceland/Russell

I think it is good for Russell to get another game in. I look for Russell to stay closer to Raceland than they did the first time the teams met.

It appears to have been an up and down season for Raceland. They lose to Boyd by 4. Then, 6 days later they beat Boyd by 15. They beat Greenup by 6. Then, 13 days later they lose to Greenup by 9.

The 63rd district tournament will be exciting to watch this year. Raceland and Lewis will be a tossup and Russell and Greenup might be closer than some would think. About the only sure bet in the region this year is Elliott County. Something tells me they aren't going to lose. :-)

I think it is good for Russell to get another game in. I look for Russell to stay closer to Raceland than they did the first time the teams met.

It appears to have been an up and down season for Raceland. They lose to Boyd by 4. Then, 6 days later they beat Boyd by 15. They beat Greenup by 6. Then, 13 days later they lose to Greenup by 9.

The 63rd district tournament will be exciting to watch this year. Raceland and Lewis will be a tossup and Russell and Greenup might be closer than some would think. About the only sure bet in the region this year is Elliott County. Something tells me they aren't going to lose. :-)

Good post. I agree with everything that you have said here RP. Russell's young team has been playing better and definately are improved. Raceland has been too inconsistent to try and figure out what they will do. I do believe that Raceland has the best guard in the 63rd in Tyler Boyles and Cody Barker can also give some quality play and experience. I personally think that this game will be a toss up.

Raceland 53

Russell 48

Who knows? I would say this game will be a competitive game, but there are too many variables, how much has Russell improved? How much has Raceland learned? What players are going to step up and play? I think it will be a close game, but picking a winner will be hard.

I am really going to get in trouble for this one however its just an opinion. I do not think the coaches should be scheduling games when school is out for the weather. Maybe I am old fashioned but a few years ago I was around two students that were injured in a car accident trying to get to a ballgame that was lets get one in on a day school was called off. If the roads are to slick for school lets not assume that everyone lives right around the school or that all parents are going to make the decision to drive. Is it more important to play the game or the kids safety. I love basketball but I question decisions made about these games. We have alot of transfer students and that needs to be thought about.