Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes/Largo updates

Featured Replies

  • Author
What is the level of HS basketball like in Maryland? I am just asking because I honestly have no clue.

 

Largo finished ranked in the top 15 in the nation I believe last year...A lot of athletic teams up there with size.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Largo is a solid team. 4 of their losses are to top 25 teams in Maryland.

 

None of Largo's loss's were to top 25 on Maxprep rankings. It also shows their schedule and win loss record and it was 6-5.

Actually Largo is 8-5 and has 4 D1 prospects.

 

Actually they are 6-6:banana:

It seems Holmes got little winded in the 2 Qtr, that when Largo made that run.

Only 2 players off the bench for Holmes that 2 qtr.

  • Author
Actually they are 6-6:banana:

 

I wouldn't put too much stock in the maxpreps rankings.

 

They have Oak Hill ranked #7 in the national poll and Holmes not even in the top 50 when prepnation, rivals, and USA today all 3 have them #24 in the county.

 

Largo is a solid team and very comparable to Ballard, only with more size. This is a good win for Holmes.

  • Author
It seems Holmes got little winded in the 2 Qtr, that when Largo made that run.

Only 2 players off the bench for Holmes that 2 qtr.

 

Rico sat out the whole second quarter in foul trouble. I'd say that had a little more to do with the Largo run, than Holmes being winded. Largo pressed the WHOLE game and Holmes was fine in the 4th quarter.

Rico sat out the whole second quarter in foul trouble. I'd say that had a little more to do with the Largo run, than Holmes being winded. Largo pressed the WHOLE game and Holmes was fine in the 4th quarter.

 

I tuned in for the 2nd and on, and honestly I don't think Rico sitting it out for most of it had much to do with it, maybe a little...but it was more sloppy play, poor shot selection.

Gieselschlag just made a good point...Arnold is playing very well against a team of all seniors. He'll be HUGE for Holmes next year.

 

I'm impressed with the effort to spell his name correctly.

  • Author
I tuned in for the 2nd and on, and honestly I don't think Rico sitting it out for most of it had much to do with it, maybe a little...but it was more sloppy play, poor shot selection.

 

Dom Johnson really hurt them in the first half with his shot selection. One of the big reasons why Housely played the majority of the game at the 2.

 

I think after seeing the way Arnold played today, it's safe to say he is hands down the best sophomore in NKY. Largo is a senior dominated team and honestly better than any other team in NKY.

  • Author
I'm impressed with the effort to spell his name correctly.

 

Try spelling his name when you're putting together the media list for Bengals games. :irked:

I watched the game on the internet and I heard the announcer say that Largo lost 10 players from last year's team but is loaded with seniors again this year. Does that mean they have a lot of turnover? I can't imagine losing that many players and having that many juniors returning. Does anyone have any information on the type of school they are? ...more like a prep school??

Holmes should win this one pretty easily! Largo is 6-5 and is not in the top 25 in Maryland!!!!!!!!!!

 

8-5

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.