Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calvary Christian

Featured Replies

I see where they are 0-1 (according to the KHSAA scoreboard) and will only play 4 or 5 games. What's going on or is this a missprint?

I'm pretty sure CC does not have a team this year.

  • Author

Silver Grove beat them 48-43 on Jan.20, then they play Dayton, and Newport and then Silver Grove again on Feb. 16 and that is it. Did they just field a team or what? What is the stituation their?

Silver Grove beat them 48-43 on Jan.20, then they play Dayton, and Newport and then Silver Grove again on Feb. 16 and that is it. Did they just field a team or what? What is the stituation their?

 

May not have enough players or are really young. Occasionally small schools in that situation will play a predominantly JV schedule and only a few varsity games. Maybe that's the case here.

May not have enough players or are really young. Occasionally small schools in that situation will play a predominantly JV schedule and only a few varsity games. Maybe that's the case here.
It is my understanding that Calvary only has a JV team this year. They did not have enough players to field a varsity team.
Silver Grove beat them 48-43 on Jan.20, then they play Dayton, and Newport and then Silver Grove again on Feb. 16 and that is it. Did they just field a team or what? What is the stituation their?

 

They did choose to play a handfull of Varsity games. If you look at Cov. Latin, they did the same thing. I will say with the players that they have and having played JV teams such as Campbell Co. and Scott which they beat, they could have played a DIII varsity schedule. If you look at teams such a Beechwood, Bellevue, Silver Grove, ect...... they are playing with mostly sophs, and freshmen and if Calvary can compete with the larger school JV teams, than I would say they could have competed with the smaller DIII teams.

They have enough players to field a Varsity team but they would be a very young varsity team.

 

I think a couple of juniors, some sophomores, some freshmen, some middle schoolers. Age wise they fit better as a JV team.

Number wise they had about 10-12 in the JV game.

They have enough players to field a Varsity team but they would be a very young varsity team.

 

I think a couple of juniors, some sophomores, some freshmen, some middle schoolers. Age wise they fit better as a JV team.

Number wise they had about 10-12 in the JV game.

 

I did talk to some of the people from the Silver Grove game and they stated that their were up 15 players, but some of them could have been from the 7/8th grades? I will say I have to give Ray Kues credit to go ahead a play a varsity schedule with only 9 players and only 1 jr. with the rest being soph's and freshman.

There is a problem here -- schools that DROP FROM VARSITY because they feel they cannot be competitive should be penalized by making it a multiple year commitment.

There is a problem here -- schools that DROP FROM VARSITY because they feel they cannot be competitive should be penalized by making it a multiple year commitment.

 

Does anyone know if there is such a rule? At first blush, I would agree.

 

If this generates enough interest we will start another thread.

I think it is a good thing that a team that thinks it cannot be competitive, does not play Varsity and instead plays at an appropriate level.

 

It is not good for anyone concerned to play an entire season and be beaten by 30+ points per game. Plus, it prevents the more competitive DIII teams from getting the competition they need during the season to be ready for districts. In DIII, all teams have to play the other conference teams twice so the better teams are forced to play several weak teams twice. This hurts them when they have to play DI schools in the district tourney.

 

I admire Calvary for making that decision and I don't think they should be penalized for doing so.

In life do you get to pick and choose your battles? I agree a school should be penalized for dropping out of a district and conference. Unfortunately I do not think the KHSAA has a rule on this. Several conferences have gentleman's agreements that if this happens you have to sit out for two years to allow for scheduleing issues. Calvary dropped out very late in the fall leaving all the schools on the schedule really scrambling for games, it also impacted the district. I admire schools such as Beechwood a couple of years ago when they had 8-9 players, Silver Grove this year 8-9 players for honoring a committment to the conference and district. I say schedule down, play your conference schedule and take the bottom seed in the district. I fear with smaller schools this is going to become a habit play up a couple years then drop out when you think you can't finish .500. All the NKAC DIV III schools were impacted and had to schedule mostly larger schools.:irked:

In life do you get to pick and choose your battles? I agree a school should be penalized for dropping out of a district and conference. Unfortunately I do not think the KHSAA has a rule on this. Several conferences have gentleman's agreements that if this happens you have to sit out for two years to allow for scheduleing issues. Calvary dropped out very late in the fall leaving all the schools on the schedule really scrambling for games, it also impacted the district. I admire schools such as Beechwood a couple of years ago when they had 8-9 players, Silver Grove this year 8-9 players for honoring a committment to the conference and district. I say schedule down, play your conference schedule and take the bottom seed in the district. I fear with smaller schools this is going to become a habit play up a couple years then drop out when you think you can't finish .500. All the NKAC DIV III schools were impacted and had to schedule mostly larger schools.:irked:

 

 

:thumb::thumb: I agree, good post

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.