Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County 78 East Jessamine 66

Featured Replies

Garrard County won an intense battle with East Jessamine tonight 78-66. East stormed out of the gate hitting three 3-pointers during the opening frame, taking a 19-11 lead after one period. Evan Preston had seven points in the quarter to keep Garrard in the game. During the second quarter the Lions, paced by 3 three-pointers from Tyler Woods and two more from Preston, were able to overtake the Jaguars and push the lead to 34-26 at the half.

 

Garrard threatened to put the game away in the third period when Woods scored 18 points, but poor defense keep East in the game. After three, it was 55-47. The fourth became a foul fest and the Lions made enough foul shots to hold on for the win.

 

Garrard was led in scoring by Woods with 34 (7 three-pointers) and Preston with 21 (5 three-pointers). Trent Prather had 10 points, Hunter Hensley put in 7, and Justin Ray was held to 6.

 

East was very balanced, with Kyle Lamb scoring 16, Matt Fitch 13, Jordan Redd 13, and Clay McKenzie with 10. I was very impressed with Lamb's shooting and I thought Redd (only a sophomore) was a very good all-around player.

 

The refereeing, on the other hand, was less than impressive. Only five fouls total were called in the first half. But the whistles came out 27 times in the second half. Many of the calls were questionable for both sides and seemingly both coaches were on the verge of technicals (or strokes) several times. East coach Chris O'Bryan did get t'd up late when the game was out of reach.

 

Both of these squads are among the best in the region. I think Garrard is probably just a little better all-around, but if they played ten times, East would at least win four. Both are capable of making noise in the region.

 

Garrard improves to 15-3 on the season, matching the best start in school history. Boyle County comes to Lancaster tomorrow night for a huge 45th District matchup. If the Lions can get the victory they can move to 3-0 in district play. There was a fantastic home crowd at the game tonight and with tomorrow being a boy/girl doubleheader (girls first vs. Madison Southern), here's hoping the crowd will again fill the stands.

Garrard Co. showing they are big time contenders in the 12th region. Good luck against the Rebels tomorrow night. I'm sorry maby they are the team to beat right now.

Garrard is emerging as the favorite in the 12th region. Another quality win. They are playing the best ball in the region right now.

 

Glad to hear there was a crowd there tonight too...

Edited by LCPATS

  • Author
Glad to hear their was a crowd there tonight too...

 

Band was there, which always helps. They would have been there on Tuesday against Lincoln but if there is no school the band doesn't play. I'd say the home side was 85% full (top and bottom). East had a nice crowd as well.

Band was there, which always helps. They would have been there on Tuesday against Lincoln but if there is no school the band doesn't play. I'd say the home side was 85% full (top and bottom). East had a nice crowd as well.

 

Glad to see, looking at my quote up there, that I don't know the difference in there and their too. :ohbrother:

  • Author
Glad to see, looking at my quote up there, that I don't know the difference in there and their too. :ohbrother:

 

I would have thought the English teachers at Lincoln were better than that!:D

I would have thought the English teachers at Lincoln were better than that!:D

 

Thems teechers was goot win I whent their.

Thems teechers was goot win I whent their.

 

"Goot", is that the sauce at the famous Burger House in Lancaster?:lol:

"Goot", is that the sauce at the famous Burger House in Lancaster?:lol:

 

That's goop, but close enough LOL! :lol:

I came away with the same impression about Jordan Redd when I saw East play the Rebels. I like the sophomores that I seen so far in the 12th region and Jordan Redd is one I look forward to watching play when I can over the next 2 and a half years.

Garrard had a group of youth cheerleaders that performed at halftime. A bunch of the crowd was with them and after halftime there were less people BUT there was more there for East then there was at Lincoln.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.