Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pittsburgh Panthers

Featured Replies

It is a very interesting trend that many people do not know about. Nobody is saying that they aren't a good program, but why can they never turn it into NCAA success? Shouldn't a team that has so much success in the Big East be better in the Big Dance?

 

Yes, I agree it is very odd. They are a bracket's worse nightmare. You alway think, "man they are playing good ball", and well you know....

 

I think that shows just how hard it is to make a run in the NCAA tourny.

Pitt has tendency to choke during the NCAA tournament for some reason, but I don't think that will be the case this year, I look for them to at least make it to the elite 8 this year, Blair is an animal in the paint, I look for him to carry them the rest of this year.

Pitt has tendency to choke during the NCAA tournament for some reason, but I don't think that will be the case this year, I look for them to at least make it to the elite 8 this year, Blair is an animal in the paint, I look for him to carry them the rest of this year.

It's no secret how much I like Blair. As good as he is, guys like Dixon and Wanamaker are going to have to get it done at SG before they are a threat...

Yes I would hate to start off with a record like that, and make a deep run in the Big East tourny EVERY year.

 

The NCAA tourny is the hardest tournament, in all sports-IMO, to win. Pitt is a very solid program and has nothing to be ashamed of. 4 Sweet 16's in the last 7 years... It would be nice to see them get to the next level, but let's face it, Pitt is a newcomer to the "big boys" of college basketball. Most people in Pittsburg thought basketball was conditioning for football until Ben Howland got there.

 

There is about 300 programs out there that would enjoy that kind of success.

 

Guys like Charles Smith, Demetreus Gore, Sean Miller, Curtis Aiken and Jerome Lane might differ with you ...

Personally, I've not had a reason to believe that any team in the "Big East" is worth a hoot. As a matter of fact, I compare it to the boy band craze of the late 90s. A bunch of pretty boy coaches, w/ pretty boy players, that might make it main stream. For the love of pete, KY nearly beat UL, and they beat Pitt, and Duke took care of Georgetown, the only "top" team they have left is UCONN. Syracuse shouldn't even have been an option to begin with, but I guess "experts" don't know what they're talking about.

I honestly think that Pitt can be a final four team this season. Defense and rebounding imo can go a long way, Pitt has that along with a very good point guard. I think that this just may be their year to get to a final four, we will have to see how the rest of the season plays out. "Right now" imo Louisvlle and Pitt are the two best in the Big East with UConn right there as well.

Personally, I've not had a reason to believe that any team in the "Big East" is worth a hoot. As a matter of fact, I compare it to the boy band craze of the late 90s. A bunch of pretty boy coaches, w/ pretty boy players, that might make it main stream. For the love of pete, KY nearly beat UL, and they beat Pitt, and Duke took care of Georgetown, the only "top" team they have left is UCONN. Syracuse shouldn't even have been an option to begin with, but I guess "experts" don't know what they're talking about.

 

:ohbrother: I don't know what I can say to that statement so I guess I will just leave it at that.:walk:

Personally, I've not had a reason to believe that any team in the "Big East" is worth a hoot. As a matter of fact, I compare it to the boy band craze of the late 90s. A bunch of pretty boy coaches, w/ pretty boy players, that might make it main stream. For the love of pete, KY nearly beat UL, and they beat Pitt, and Duke took care of Georgetown, the only "top" team they have left is UCONN. Syracuse shouldn't even have been an option to begin with, but I guess "experts" don't know what they're talking about.

 

Guess what that means? They lost.

 

Duke beat G-town on their home court, big deal.

I honestly think that Pitt can be a final four team this season. Defense and rebounding imo can go a long way, Pitt has that along with a very good point guard. I think that this just may be their year to get to a final four, we will have to see how the rest of the season plays out. "Right now" imo Louisvlle and Pitt are the two best in the Big East with UConn right there as well.

 

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the only two teams that make a deep run from the conference are Louisville and UConn. I just think those two teams are built for March success athletically. I think all the others are gone after winning two games or less. My predictions sometimes aren't that great though so more than likely three teams from the BE make the elite 8 and UConn and UL won't be either of the three.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.