Ballard 71 Jeffersontown 67

I know that Ballard had several guys that played football and some young kids that are very athletic. Year in and year out Coach Renner does a great job and they are always a tough out in March. The 7th region is tough as always.

Amen! The other night during a big run against Trinity I counted FOUR of the five on the floor were football guys.

Chris Renner is a GREAT example of how a basketball coach can work in concert with a football program, putting no pressure on kids to "concentrate on one sport" and even encouraging several of his 'one-sport' kids to give football a try.

Believes in the weight room for bball players too...I saw that physical strength pay off big-time against Trinity.

Eastern beat PRP by 26 in the other semi game in the LIT and will meet Ballard in the finals tonite.

Eastern is very much a top dog in the 7th.

They're one of the top teams in the 7th but definetly not the "top dog."

When you lose to an in-region opponent by 15, VERY hard to consider that team THE "top dog."

They're one of the top teams in the 7th but definetly not the "top dog."

When you lose to an in-region opponent by 15, VERY hard to consider that team THE "top dog."

If Eastern isn't the top dog then you've got yourself a dog pound of about 5 or 6 teams that could escape the region.

If Eastern isn't the top dog then you've got yourself a dog pound of about 5 or 6 teams that could escape the region.

I'd say the 7th is pretty wide open with about 4 teams that could make it to Rupp. (Eastern, J'town, Ballard, Manual)

Being a person "in the know" at Eastern, I find it remarkable how similar the football and basketball team's seasons mirror each other. Neither team really held in high regard in the preseason, both beat Ballard and Male. Even more ironic is the fact that both programs swept Ballard on all three levels. However until I posted, you never really read anything from Eastern people pounding their chests. Couch(basketball) and Whalen(football) have got it going. Go Eagles! Stay humble and keep winning!:ylsuper:

PS: Any one of 8 teams can with the 7TH, it is that close

I'd say the 7th is pretty wide open with about 4 teams that could make it to Rupp. (Eastern, J'town, Ballard, Manual)

I just don't think you can include Manual in this top group now. If Jenkins comes back healthy and they start winning games, then I would consider them, but not with what they have accomplished to date.

I just don't think you can include Manual in this top group now. If Jenkins comes back healthy and they start winning games, then I would consider them, but not with what they have accomplished to date.

Of course you wouldn't. But losing to Jtown by 1 and to Eastern by 10 without Jenkins should be cause for concern for any 7th region team. Make no mistake, a healthy Jenkins and Manual is a title contender.

Congrats to Eastern on the LIT title this year after losing to Manual in the title last year.