Corbin 73 Williamsburg 51

Les

Taylor picked up 3 fouls in about 30 seconds including the T. Williamsburg needs both him and Cunningham on the floor to be competitive.Without Williamsburg is very easy to guard. The second foul and the T were a result of him losing his composure. After those fouls the game was over. Corbin is very physical and handchecks all over the floor both if they did not play like that I'm sure the coaches would run them to death. It is just hardnosed "D" and if it is not called it is not a foul. Adjust when you see that is what the refs are going to call it close. Williamsburg must adjust to how thw game is being called. Often an elbow clearing out will cause the refs to call a closer game.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be onto something there Sportfan. Hounds are a very strong team, that has obviously been well conditioned in the weightroom by their coaches. The normal bumps and body contact does not seem to bother them as compared to most teams in the 13th. After playing South on Monday, report back to BGP about the calls and no calls and see if your opinion changes.

Teague is a nice player on the blocks. If he got more touches in the second half the result could have been different.

It really looked to me like the Jacket guards were trying to buy into Robinson's "get it inside to Teague" in the 1st half better than they have all season, then I believe the Hounds made a point at the half to put an end to it...Which they did. In the 2nd half the Jacket guards were back to their same old style of too much dribbling and settling for poor shots. I appreciate you comment that the result might have been different, but as others have said, Corbin wins this game 10 out of 10 times. I never meant to infer that W'burg would have won the game had it not been for officiating.

Teague does a nice job in the paint, I just don't think that he can physically keep it up for 4 quarters against strong opponents like CHS. I'd like to see Pettit in there banging instead of wanting to be more of a perimeter type player.

Will do on the post SL report.

I understand your point. I should have paid more attention to the qualifiers you put in your statements.

I also have a great deal of respect for the WHS program. I suppose my comment was more related to the rumblings of undeducated fans that always seem to find a seat right next to me as opposed to the actual team. And yes, we all have arrogant and rude fans - most of whom have never stepped foot on a court.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a Redhound, but I'm also reasonable enough to acknowledge a good point when one is made. And you my friend, make a good one.

Very true that we all have those fans, I guess I am guilty of paying more attention to it from the Corbin fans due to the rivalry. The SL student section a few years back was pretty rough, but they have since subsided.

I appreciate your support of your team, there is absolutely no doubt that the coaching staff and kids work their butts off in the gym and in the weight room to have such a high calibre program and I in no way meant to take anything away from them and their accomplishments.

Very true that we all have those fans, I guess I am guilty of paying more attention to it from the Corbin fans due to the rivalry. The SL student section a few years back was pretty rough, but they have since subsided.

I appreciate your support of your team, there is absolutely no doubt that the coaching staff and kids work their butts off in the gym and in the weight room to have such a high calibre program and I in no way meant to take anything away from them and their accomplishments.

Looks like we both have the same level of intolerance for "knuckleheads." Best of luck the rest of the season. The district tournament should be a lot of fun. See you there.

Corbin has the BEST talant in the region, they also one of the most physically gifted teams I have seen in the 13th region in many many years. Sometimes I think they (players) don't understand that pushing a kids with both hands out of the way rebounding is a foul, and beacuse of their size, officials get caught up and miss it when it happens.

Officiating in the 13th region has black eye right now due to the incident last season with the e-mails from schools requesting certain officials, but I truely don't think they any of them set out to cheat one team or another. Personally I think that most of them are just bad.

Williamsburg has a group of kids who for whatever reason don't play well together. Corbin on the other hand plays well together (although not all the time) and when you are playing together and staying within what the coach dictates then you should have success. If and when Williamsburg does what the coach says without question they will improve dramaticly. Corbin and South Laurel and even Whitley are teams that are doing what the coach says. the difference is that Corbin and South have had consistancy over the years at the head coach position and understand what it takes to be successful while Williamsburg and Whitley have not.

Corbin has the BEST talant in the region, they also one of the most physically gifted teams I have seen in the 13th region in many many years. Sometimes I think they (players) don't understand that pushing a kids with both hands out of the way rebounding is a foul, and beacuse of their size, officials get caught up and miss it when it happens.

Officiating in the 13th region has black eye right now due to the incident last season with the e-mails from schools requesting certain officials, but I truely don't think they any of them set out to cheat one team or another. Personally I think that most of them are just bad.

Williamsburg has a group of kids who for whatever reason don't play well together. Corbin on the other hand plays well together (although not all the time) and when you are playing together and staying within what the coach dictates then you should have success. If and when Williamsburg does what the coach says without question they will improve dramaticly. Corbin and South Laurel and even Whitley are teams that are doing what the coach says. the difference is that Corbin and South have had consistancy over the years at the head coach position and understand what it takes to be successful while Williamsburg and Whitley have not.

I couldn't said it better myself Thomas Magnum.

I didn't see the game (Whitley was playing) but from reading the posts and the paper it sounds like Williamsburg gave Corbin a good game during the 1st. half but that past bad habits reared their ugly heads during the 2nd. half. I'm glad to see the ball being passed inside more. I never understood why this wasn't the plan from the get go. It's like South not passing the ball inside to their big man. I'm not compairing St. John, Pettit, and Teague so don't anyone start on me. I'm just saying that it is wise to use the advantages that you have. I don't like the fact that a player shoved his own teammate who was trying to help him out. There is no place for that on the floor or on the team.

Williamsburg will always have calls go against them until the refs are afraid that the WHS coach can get them fired....

but that being said, if you make your shots and play defense the refs should not be able to determine the game. Glad to see Williamsburg is improving.

Williamsburg will always have calls go against them until the refs are afraid that the WHS coach can get them fired....

but that being said, if you make your shots and play defense the refs should not be able to determine the game. Glad to see Williamsburg is improving.

Not sure what you mean. There hasn't been a lot of change in officials for a number of years.