Rowan County 74 Elliott County 55

Brockman 14, Riddle 12. 3 more with 9, 2 with 8. Was 65-30 when the feeshmen and sophs went in in the 3rd. 38-18 at the half.

Ferguson 22, Griffith 20...most after the starters left the game, but they are still good players.

Hard to score when your in foul trouble. 3 Starters with 2 fouls in 1st q.

K. Ferguson had 4 in the 1st half and 2 other starters had 3

Talk about your homw cooking

Did they call hand checking and reaching in? Difficult not to call when you continuously do that!

Whatever. EC is 3-7. Rowan could have beaten them by 50 if they wanted to. They were in foul trouble cause they haven't a clue how to guard anybody.

Who in the 16th region wil lbeat them. It is their's to lose just like the boys is Elliott's to lose. IMO

Elliott boys have shown their dominance over the region for the last 2 years and essentially have the same team back this year. This is not the case with the Rowan girls. Last year people said the Rowan girls would waltz through the region with no competition, even though Ashland was also undefeated in the 16th until the final week of the regular season. Many forget that Fleming County came very close to knocking Rowan out of the district last year. Ashland also led Rowan in the Regional Final for the majority of the game until ultimately losing by 2 points. I give Rowan all the credit in the world for winning the region, but to say they have been dominant (like Elliott's boys have been) is not the case.

There is still too much girl's basketball to be played this season to say that Rowan will waltz to the championship. Some teams, like Ashland and East Carter, have not totally gelled yet and are still working on player rotation, defensive schemes, etc. To count them out, like many did last year would be a big mistake (Again, just my opinion)

Last rankings I seen, they were third, can't go much higher!:D

I was thinking of the most recent BGP rankings:

1. Iroquois2. Manual3. Elizabethtown4. Franklin-Simpson5. Christian Academy-Louisville6. Paul Dunbar7. North Hardin8. Montgomery County9. Lexington Christian10. Mercy11. Lexington Catholic12. Butler13. Highlands14. Simon Kenton15. Lincoln County16. Henderson County17. Marshall County18. Southwestern19. Nelson County20. Rowan County

Elliott boys have shown their dominance over the region for the last 2 years and essentially have the same team back this year. This is not the case with the Rowan girls. Last year people said the Rowan girls would waltz through the region with no competition, even though Ashland was also undefeated in the 16th until the final week of the regular season. Many forget that Fleming County came very close to knocking Rowan out of the district last year. Ashland also led Rowan in the Regional Final for the majority of the game until ultimately losing by 2 points. I give Rowan all the credit in the world for winning the region, but to say they have been dominant (like Elliott's boys have been) is not the case.

There is still too much girl's basketball to be played this season to say that Rowan will waltz to the championship. Some teams, like Ashland and East Carter, have not totally gelled yet and are still working on player rotation, defensive schemes, etc. To count them out, like many did last year would be a big mistake (Again, just my opinion)

16-0 against region competition, region champs....about as dominant as it gets. As far as your "close" argument goes, good teams win on nights when they don't play/shoot particularly well. Most are HOPING RC doesn't do well this year, which is fine. But 27-6 against a statewide schedule is pretty good. So since West played Elliott to a 12 point game, they aren't dominant this year, huh? LOL!!!

Edited by Mr.Viking
sp