Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nick Swisher or Xavier Nady?

Featured Replies

Given that Swisher is pretty much carrying the Yankees' offense ... anybody wish the Reds had Swisher now?

 

The Reds could use a bat like Swisher - nobody can deny that, particularly when you consider the blazing start that Swisher is off to.

 

But, Swisher still has less than 100 plate appearances, so let's not get too carried away. He has done an outstanding job this year.

 

And to say that he has carried the Yanks' offense isn't entirely true. As good as Swisher has been, there are still plenty of other sources of production in that lineup. Heck, even Texiera (who is hitting under .200) has a solid OBP% at .354.

 

No way Swisher puts up those numbers in the Reds' lineup.

 

But to answer your question, I wish the Reds had another bat in their lineup. I'm just not sure what they'd have had to give up to get Swisher?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
The Reds could use a bat like Swisher - nobody can deny that, particularly when you consider the blazing start that Swisher is off to.

 

But, Swisher still has less than 100 plate appearances, so let's not get too carried away. He has done an outstanding job this year.

 

And to say that he has carried the Yanks' offense isn't entirely true. As good as Swisher has been, there are still plenty of other sources of production in that lineup. Heck, even Texiera (who is hitting under .200) has a solid OBP% at .354.

 

No way Swisher puts up those numbers in the Reds' lineup.

 

But to answer your question, I wish the Reds had another bat in their lineup. I'm just not sure what they'd have had to give up to get Swisher?[/QUOTE]

 

 

If there were talks between the Reds and Yanks, I would venture to say that Cueto, Volquez, or Bailey were mentioned. No way the Yanks would of traded Swisher without one of those three in the deal, Imho.

The Reds could use a bat like Swisher - nobody can deny that, particularly when you consider the blazing start that Swisher is off to.

 

But, Swisher still has less than 100 plate appearances, so let's not get too carried away. He has done an outstanding job this year.

 

And to say that he has carried the Yanks' offense isn't entirely true. As good as Swisher has been, there are still plenty of other sources of production in that lineup. Heck, even Texiera (who is hitting under .200) has a solid OBP% at .354.

 

No way Swisher puts up those numbers in the Reds' lineup.

 

But to answer your question, I wish the Reds had another bat in their lineup. I'm just not sure what they'd have had to give up to get Swisher?

 

 

If there were talks between the Reds and Yanks, I would venture to say that Cueto, Volquez, or Bailey were mentioned. No way the Yanks would of traded Swisher without one of those three in the deal, Imho.

 

I hope it is Bailey. The Reds are surely not dumb enought to trade Volquez or Cueto for Swisher or Nady... Are they?:ohbrother:

If there were talks between the Reds and Yanks, I would venture to say that Cueto, Volquez, or Bailey were mentioned. No way the Yanks would of traded Swisher without one of those three in the deal, Imho.
I doubt that the discussions were really headed that way. Until the Nady injury, either Swisher or Nady would have been excess for the Yankees. I suspect maybe Harang or Arroyo, but not one of the young guys.
But, Swisher still has less than 100 plate appearances, so let's not get too carried away. He has done an outstanding job this year.
But to read some of the posters' comments about Swisher in this thread, you would think he was on his last leg.

No way Swisher puts up those numbers in the Reds' lineup.
Who is to say he doesn't?
I doubt that the discussions were really headed that way. Until the Nady injury, either Swisher or Nady would have been excess for the Yankees. I suspect maybe Harang or Arroyo, but not one of the young guys.

 

In that case lets hope it is Arroyo. Harang is still the Ace of the staff. If the Reds traded him away, they need to get more value than a Nady or Swisher.

  • Author
I hope it is Bailey. The Reds are surely not dumb enought to trade Volquez or Cueto for Swisher or Nady... Are they?:ohbrother:

 

That was during the off season, no way the Yanks trade Swisher now, I don't think.

That was during the off season, no way the Yanks trade Swisher now, I don't think.

 

My bad, I thought this was a new thread. I see it was started in January.

Who is to say he doesn't?

 

Me, I suppose.

 

Wouldn't you say that being sandwiched between Mark Texiera & Robinson Cano is a little different than Joey Votto and (potentially) Brandon Phillips or Jay Bruce?

Me, I suppose.

 

Wouldn't you say that being sandwiched between Mark Texiera & Robinson Cano is a little different than Joey Votto and (potentially) Brandon Phillips or Jay Bruce?

Does it really matter who Swisher hits between? The pitchers are still trying to get him out.

Nady is hurt, so why would someone go after him, and Swisher can be a stud. He would really help this team out A LOT. Who could we give up though? You know how the Yanks are..

Edited by Beastley

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.