Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brakes

Featured Replies

Beware that mom and pop car shops are getting flooded with business right now because of the economy. So many people are hangin on to their cars and getting them repaired it has been crazy. In fact I read somewhere that starting up your own car repair shop is one of the hottest businesses to start right now.

  • Author

I just called to check on our van and they are trying to tell me now that the brakes are ok since they fixed them and that its the shocks or struts. I am sorry but when I pay a ton of money for something to be fixed, I don't walk out of a place with a new problem and be ok with that. They are saying it can happen at any time and it just so happened to go out when I was leaving there. WRONG. They are dealing with the wrong person. I have called corporate to complain and FF is calling them now. I am waiting on a phone call from them. They are being very rude.

Beware that mom and pop car shops are getting flooded with business right now because of the economy. So many people are hangin on to their cars and getting them repaired it has been crazy. In fact I read somewhere that starting up your own car repair shop is one of the hottest businesses to start right now.

 

They only problem is that it wouldn't be a good, long term investment. Car manufacturers are starting to make their vehicles to where only their service departments can work on them. They've been doing this slowly adding more parts and such to the list that cannot be fixed elsewhere. My dad just had something replaced on a F150, and only the Ford dealership could do it as a special tool, manufactured specifically for Ford, was needed.

I didn't did I lol . I am impatient lol .

 

Poor FairFan. :cry:

  • Author
Poor FairFan. :cry:

 

TRUE TRUE!! He hates it.:thumb:

This is my lesson learned. They pulled this stunt when we got an alignment on our tires too. 6 hours later we were still waiting. Awful.

 

So you had trouble with them before and still went back for brakes?

 

One time I needed my car repaired and it was Sunday, so we took it to Pep Boys. I have to say I was surprised that they did good job for what was a reasonable price. My husband was a mechanic and could fix most problems but this problem required lifting the engine to get to the part. It was the first time I had ever had anyone other than a mom and pop garage, the dealership, or my hubby work on my car and I really expected the worst.

  • Author

Yeah I figure everyone deserves a second chance. They just blew it.

Yeah I figure everyone deserves a second chance. They just blew it.

 

 

Yeah....I would be done with Sears.

I put my own brakes on. It is really easy and usually I can get it done in about 30 minutes.

  • Author
I put my own brakes on. It is really easy and usually I can get it done in about 30 minutes.

 

We are calling you next time.:jump:

We are calling you next time.:jump:
Changing disc brakes, to me, is one of the easiest things to do on a car.

It's jobs like this that makes me glad that I live in a small town and county. Murrell's Service Station in Booneville takes care of things like this for our area, and they are very efficient. They've been in operation for about 30 years, a family business. They stay busy and you sometimes have to call them to see when they can work you in, but they do a great job, and reasonable rates.

  • Author

Well just to inform all of you. The sound our brakes were making that we had Sears check and they said was ok, turned out to be the back brakes that they supposedly fixed. We took it somewhere else and had them look at it and they had to replace them. I called Sears and after 5 attempts they finally returned our call and told me to bring in the paper work and hey would refund the money for the back brakes. Seriously do people think poor service is allowed. I am so mad at Sears and they have lot our business.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.